I just finished talking with a expat living in Thailand and for the most part I was explaining why I could never leave the USA to live in Thailand and could only imagine myself vacationing there. That is how I feel now, later my feelings may change.

What do you miss the most from your home while you live in Thailand?

When I am in Thailand I miss talk radio. I love listening to talk radio; Tech Talk and Political talk are my favorite. I also miss what I now consider American style coffee. The coffee in Thailand tends to be very strong and thick, unless you get the instant coffee. I also miss the hazelnut or irish cream coffee creamers.

Shopping, I miss being able to find what I need from a store that share the same name as the store in my home country.

I miss being able to go anyplace without anyone looking at me as if they know I am only a visitor.

TV, I miss many of my favorite shows and while I am away I pray that my Tivo is recording everything I want to see when I get home.

I miss being able to buy the things I want without having to haggle the price down knowing if I pay too much I will be considered a sucker and if I try to pay too low I am insulted all because I don't have any idea what the true fair price should be.