Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh my god, my friends father got an accident

Liked: 1

Oh my god, my friends father got an accident

2 days ago I got an alarming phone call at 2 am Thai time, his father got a serious accident on the farm in Petchaburi, and he was on the way to the station to go to his hometown.
    So I send him some SMS to ask about the condition of his father and the sweetheart give me regular updates by phone, (he calls me, and ask me to call him back) . I don't know why he calls me always about 1.30 am Thai time, maybe he just can't sleep because of the serious situation of his father. When I ask about his father the question is ignored, but he told me that the train fare to go to his hometown was very high and that he can't work now.
    What should I do? do you think 50.000bht would cover the medical cost for his father and his trainfare?

Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

Yeah, all my Thai boyfriends fathers have had farming accidents, in some cases, they keep dying, repeatedly.
    Don't they have a 30 baht medical care system for Thais?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaiquila
    Yeah, all my Thai boyfriends fathers have had farming accidents, in some cases, they keep dying, repeatedly.
    Don't they have a 30 baht medical care system for Thais?
    Thanks, I will send him 30 baht then
    Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

Re: Oh my god, my friends father got an accident

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsam
    What should I do? do you think 50.000bht would cover the medical cost for his father and his trainfare?
    Yes, it would, m'dear as well as his Thai wife, gf, bf and/or kathoey in waiting. Be a jai dii farang and give him 60. Out of curiosity, how much younger is your bf's father to you? Since you're spending all this money on your bf's father you might want to have him for your bf instead.

Re: Oh my god, my friends father got an accident

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sybil Thrope
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsam
    Yes, it would, m'dear as well as his Thai wife, gf, bf and/or kathoey in waiting. Be a jai dii farang and give him 60. Out of curiosity, how much younger is your bf's father to you? Since you're spending all this money on your bf's father you might want to have him for your bf instead.
    I think maybe his father is my age , so I could date him if he's a real looker, but if he's really serious wounded and not top fit I'll pass. :clown:

Liked

Been there. didn't do that.

Father lost a finger in some accident with farm machinery. BUT... surprise, surprise, no request for funds followed. Like BF's emergency appendectomy, motorbike accident, dead grandfather, dead uncle, "truly" father's Alzheimer"s, etc. etc., misfortune was absolutely true and was handled by traditional family network. No input from farang was requested or expected. Go figure. Sometimes shit really does happen.

PAYPAL !

Jestsam wrote :

do you think 50.000bht

I still waiting for the first Thai friend go installed PAYPAL !

Liked
    Just my suggestion. Could you tell your friend that you want to make sure the father's medical problems are being properly dealt with. Ask him to have the doctor or hospital phone or email you with the details so you can make an adequate contribution. If you have the doctor's name and the hospital's name, you could phone directly to confirm the accident...but done in the guise of asuring all is being done that can be done.

Good luck to you, your friend and his father.

How's the family buffalo?

And other questions

Liked
    Doug has given very good advice. There is a very small chance that this is true. Bus fare isn't expensive in Thailand. This is a common ploy used here in Thailand to get sympathy and money. Thailand does have a 30 Baht health care scheme.