Gad, I read these posts about frees site for internet access and I think to myself why in the world would I take my computer to a public place?

When I see these guys all hunched over the screen typing away I can't help thinking about the many guys sitting in thier Merc's or BMW's at the same red lights in Bangkok as I. Yes, I sit in my little Toyota at the lights but to sit in a 10 ++ Million baht car in Bangkok and inch away for what seems like hours is funny to me. I guess I need to be rich to understand those guys.

In the same vain, I see some of the boys and girls holding on to thier 15-20 thousand baht mobiles for all to see and I laugh to myself.

Who in farangland would spend 10 to 20 times as much on a mobile as paying a morgage or rent? When I go out I prefer to chat up with the boys or other farangs. It is that social interaction that I crave more than glueing my eyes to a monitor. But I am old, what canI say?

I thank God that I am not so busy on my holiday that I have to deal with a laptop while out and about. I have my computer situated near the window of my home overlooking the garden and trees. A nice breeze and maybe a lovely boy hanging out sleeping or watching TV. It seems so much more relaxing to deal with the computer at home.

As they say, to each his own.

Please don't badger me to much here. Perhaps if I was 30 years younger and into being "cool" and owned a laptop, I too would be sitting there hunched over some silly computer screen in a public place while trying to enjy my holidays.

So if some old guy comes up while you are eating your hamburger as the sauce drips into your keyboard and asks to check his email, please give me a chance to see what it's like to use a laptop in public. OK?

Hell, maybe if I try it I'll like it.

Damn, now I forgot what I was going to talk about today. All I can think about is juicy hamburgers at-----Now what was the name of that hamburger place again in Soi Day/Night?