Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Wireless Hot Spots in Pattaya/Jomtien

Wireless Hot Spots in Pattaya/Jomtien

Do you know of any specific open wireless hot spots in Pattaya/Jomtien where you can connect without paying a time fee or getting a password from the business?

It's a hotspot for sure

Have you tried Needy Crooks? And in case you missed it, they're at Soi Day Night One (Just Down the Street From the Day Night Hotel).

Thanks for the plug, ca ching, but I think we already know about Niddy's.
    How about other places in town?

I'm sat ...

... outside starbucks on South Pattaya Road (halfway down) and you can either pay for an internet card (1500 baht gets you 20 hours) or there are a few other internet servers which appear on my options list when I open up my browser. One of these is simply called 'wireless' and I logged in for free, no hassle just straight to the web page I wanted. However, the cyberinspector stops me viewing sawatdee on this server, whereas the starbucks one has reverted to being free of surfing blocks.

best wishes.

i saw some guys using laptops outside mcdonalds last time i was there..........but starbucks is nearby so could be theirs.

Boyztown

If you sit outside the Ambience in Boyztown they have a hotspot, people who stay at the Cafe Royale use it, or I suspect if you have a coffee in the Ambience you should be able to gain coverage.

The Ambiance has excellent wireless coverage in the coffee shop and on the veranda. If you go inside the coffee shop, there is a wall socket on the right hand side wall. Great for working past the battery's charge.

Liked

It's a beach getting old..

Gad, I read these posts about frees site for internet access and I think to myself why in the world would I take my computer to a public place?

When I see these guys all hunched over the screen typing away I can't help thinking about the many guys sitting in thier Merc's or BMW's at the same red lights in Bangkok as I. Yes, I sit in my little Toyota at the lights but to sit in a 10 ++ Million baht car in Bangkok and inch away for what seems like hours is funny to me. I guess I need to be rich to understand those guys.

In the same vain, I see some of the boys and girls holding on to thier 15-20 thousand baht mobiles for all to see and I laugh to myself.

Who in farangland would spend 10 to 20 times as much on a mobile as paying a morgage or rent? When I go out I prefer to chat up with the boys or other farangs. It is that social interaction that I crave more than glueing my eyes to a monitor. But I am old, what canI say?

I thank God that I am not so busy on my holiday that I have to deal with a laptop while out and about. I have my computer situated near the window of my home overlooking the garden and trees. A nice breeze and maybe a lovely boy hanging out sleeping or watching TV. It seems so much more relaxing to deal with the computer at home.

As they say, to each his own.

Please don't badger me to much here. Perhaps if I was 30 years younger and into being "cool" and owned a laptop, I too would be sitting there hunched over some silly computer screen in a public place while trying to enjy my holidays.

So if some old guy comes up while you are eating your hamburger as the sauce drips into your keyboard and asks to check his email, please give me a chance to see what it's like to use a laptop in public. OK?

Hell, maybe if I try it I'll like it.

Damn, now I forgot what I was going to talk about today. All I can think about is juicy hamburgers at-----Now what was the name of that hamburger place again in Soi Day/Night?
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana

There are also expats and longer term stay in Thailand types on this board who really have need of internet access for serious business, also there are now Vonage phones which can use wireless spots to become a US based phone ...
    Not everyone in Pattaya is on a two week holiday, eh?

Liked

Warning

As I just found out two days ago, TRUE internet has pulled out its internet service to many of the South Pattaya area businesses. No word why yet -- just that they are no longer providing the service. For us here at Niddy's Nook, it means I have to look into other providers... So, for the time being, we (as well as many other True customers in the area) are without our connection.

Fondly,
    Chris

www.niddysnook.com
    ** Home of Pattaya's Tastiest Cheeseburger! **