Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laughing gas balloons

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Laughing gas balloons

http://now.msn.com/laughing-gas-sold-ba ... -is-banned

Just say 'no' to laughing gas balloons in Bangkok
    6 hrs ago
    Nipping over to Bangkok to enjoy some of those nitrous oxide-filled balloons street vendors are selling for $4 a shot? Sorry, youтАЩll have to find something else to amuse yourself with (which shouldnтАЩt be too difficult). Authorities are putting the kibosh on this particular brand of fun offered up to tourists and slapping hawkers caught selling the illegal laughing gas-filled balloons with a $300 fine. ItтАЩs a desperate attempt to curb the trend before it spreads and tarnishes ThailandтАЩs image, but it could be too late. TheyтАЩre already popular on the sun-drenched beaches of Koh Samui, Pattaya and Koh Pagnan. Shouldn't setting eyes on ThailandтАЩs beautiful vistas be enough to make visitors laugh with delight? [Source]

cheaper here to just buy whipped cream in the aerosol
    but always end up "eating the cream" instead- go figure

Liked

Re: Laughing gas balloons

In Bangkok? That is new to me. I have not seen them anywhere here (in Silom, Sukhumvit or Khao San in the last two weeks).

However I remember them from my last two trips to Pattaya, on Walking Street. Yellow Balloons (with a smiley? not sure, but I have a picture somewhere).

Liked

I have seen it at Koh Samet, and well, it is also going on in bars and discos in Europe, you know why? because it is not illegal.

So I don't think it is a trend only in Thailand.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

whilst I've noticed one portable stall selling those balloons on walking street I haven't noticed it anywhere outside of Thailand - other things such as nitrogen laced drinks in clubs etc yes but not helium balloons, so am I missing simething as surely the only purpose of hellium ballon sucking was when you were a kid you did it for fun to make your voice go all high pitched and squeaky for all of about 30 seconds until the effect wore off, so is that "it" ??? or is there some other "high" going on that's not instantly apparent ( which I can't imagine if it's being sold on main street walking street !)

Hell if it's just high pitched squealing you want to hear just don't pay a ladyboy their required tip and you'll hear so much high pitched squealing it would even hurt a dogs ears !! lol

Liked

just a friendly word, NIrish - sometimes you post too much of your personal experiences on the board :occasion9:
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What sucking helium gas from a balloon when you're about 6 ! I really don't think that's sharing too much as come on surely EVERYONE has done that at some point in their lives - SOME people just maybe need to get out more ( JOE!!) :old: lol

Liked

I was referring to your experience with the ladyboy :occasion9:
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oh :-) .....well in that case I stand by my first ascertain as if you've never had a lady boy go off on you on one for that extra 500 baht they believe they are due ( even you've after you've already given them the 200 baht for the sex) then you haven't lived !

Oh and Christian - yes ladyboys do it for 250 !! I suggest you try that out and let's us know how that works out for you ! :-)

And Joe I am joking of course as I would never short change a ladyboy and the only ladyboys I've ever had screaming was purely in (probably fake) pleasure !!! Opps there's that to much info thing again it seems !!! Lol

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Laughing gas is Nitrous Oxide, the same as dentists give you
    and funny cars use (denatured- made poisonous) to increase oxygenation of more volumes of fuel.
    Also used as a propellant gas in aerosol cans of whipped cream.

Helium is getting scarce, expensive, and would do precious little.

Liked: 1

Correct Nitrous Oxide not Helium...its actually become quite popular in certain underground club scenes in London and at some outdoor music festival (still legal I 'think'), hence a number of companies selling the small whipped cream gas canisters on the net now.

p.s. Its also been around in Thailand for years...I remember seeing someone selling balloons of Nitrous at a dance festival near Paradise waterfalls on Koh Phangan (that was back in 2001/2002)

Quote Originally Posted by dab69
    Laughing gas is Nitrous Oxide, the same as dentists give you
    and funny cars use (denatured- made poisonous) to increase oxygenation of more volumes of fuel.
    Also used as a propellant gas in aerosol cans of whipped cream.

Helium is getting scarce, expensive, and would do precious little.