Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gay friendly hotels in BKK

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Gay friendly hotels in BKK

Moving on from the above :-).......can I just ask would people view the BB Inn as somewhere to "go" - I personally would never even think of it as that as the only time I was in it was about five years ago ( for clarity :-) and to me it was basically a short time hotel, where I believe they also rent fairly basic rooms, but I would never have thought of going round to sit in the "lounge" if you could call it that as to me it was just a small front room / lobby full of massage / MB's waiting on their next client to walk in - and nothing wrong with that of course but unless I was intentionally walking in looking for a shag I don't think it would ever have occurred to me just to go in for a drink - so do others do this perhaps and am I missing out on another fun watering hole maybe ?

Liked

"Why can't we all just get along?" :sign5:

Liked

NIrish, I regard it as "somewhere to go" for maybe one drink or a carafe of wine - in the afternoon - when there is really only Dick's open in that area if you do not want to cross the road to the likes of Golden Cock, Super A etc.

To be honest I've never seen massage or MB's in the coffee shop/lounge - just some of the staff playing pool or on the internet - but as I say I've only been there in the afternoon. I've found the staff can be quite flirty of course!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

??? Are we talking about the same place - the BB Inn just behind Soi twilight, I'm guessing so, god when I went there the place was coming down with boys just hanging about in the foyer and everytime a customer came in it was a matter of pick one and away they went to the short time room, I also know one of the boys there and they all sell themselves as massage boys ( now so than MB's - although in DJ later that night they all miraculously revert to MB status lol) - well now I'll have to give it a check out in December and see was I maybe just in on a busy day for the boys !

Liked

I'm sure we are talking about the same place

http://thaiboy.net/bed/index.php?p=b...se&id_tha=1305

but I have honestly never seen any "activity" in the early-mid afternoon - just the odd "short time room" punters arriving or leaving.

I can't imagine I sat with my beer or wine, chatting to a friend and reading the local gay magazines, completely oblivious to what was going on - I must be losing my touch completely!! Either that or it changes later in the day :dontknow:

:sign5:

Liked

SG, Hotmale Bar is open from around lunchtime but Dicks is closed, if I recall correctly.

Why can't we all just get along?
    Now, where have I seen that before :sign5:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy
    Oh sorry - its just when I noted the question mark at the end of your sentence I assumed you were asking a question as lets face it you're not usually known for your outpouring of hilarity :-)
    i see what you mean ni .. so many people :sign5: on this thread its hard to know whos still on their feet.
    i must try harder to laugh or say things that are totally unfunny yet can still get people to :sign5:

Liked

NIrish if you, or any other member for that matter, find yourself at a loose end in Bangkok and you fancy a little aperitif at the BBB Inn, donтАЩt forget the snake farm just opposite.

I received the following message from the BBB Inn by email this afternoon:

тАЬWhen you stay at BBB Inn, you are not only the centre of attraction but in the middle of it all. Many things to do besides this unique gay night life of
    Bangkok.

See snakes loose [sic] their poison and you loose [sic] your fear: Just opposite BBB Inn visit the snake farm. Daily shows at 10:30 h and 14:00 h bring you not
    only close but in real touch with poisonous snakes. Great feeling!тАЭ

Yes, what a great feeling indeed, but AYOR! :-)
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Just opposite ?? I thought it was facing a busy main road - so not only have I been missing the many ( doubtful) delights of the ambiance of the BBB Inn but also a top notch tourist attraction too, where if it's the one I seen on TV the keeper had a few fingers missing as the snakes didn't always play ball when it came to his snake charming technique - damn, I really will have to get up early out of my bed in Tarntawan on my next trip and make a point of going there now it seems - NOT ! lol

Hmmm after visiting their website and having a peak in their boys gallery I think I'll give it a miss for sure - plus I dont know exactly just how many years ago some of the photos in their gallery were taken but a guy I know is in there and he hasn't looked like that for well over 7 years now or more !! :-)

Liked

well NIrish, following your example I had a look too - and any hotel that doesn't pay their staff enough that they can afford a shirt while working is not somewhere I'd like to stay. Although, I'd be inclined to stick around for some "light dusting" if one or two were still there.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.