Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gay friendly hotels in BKK

Re: Gay friendly hotels in BKK

You are talking nonsense I'm afraid Smiles. The Montien may certainly be one of the better know homophobic hotels but it is by no means the only one. Some Thai hotels - and most Thais - do give a damn about hotel guests taking prostitutes (male or female) through the lobbies.

Liked

copy from the other thread on the same subject:

This subject has been discussed dozens of times and I am sure pong will soon chime and tell you that most hotels simply do not care if you bring back a boy or a girl as long as you have booked a double room.
    The Atlanta's rules are indeed very interesting, it gets mentioned in "Bankgok off the grid" as well (with these rules quoted).

Liked

The Atlanta's website is indeed a hoot. I went there many years ago to sample 'the biggest selection of Thai vegetarian dishes in the world'. The lobby is quite as striking as it looks on the website; it has a lot of character. Usually I find that the quality of the food is in inverse proportion to the degree of bragging, but I have to say my meal wasn't bad. I recall that there were dire warnings even on the place mats. Two muscular Scandinavian ladies locked in hushed conversation were the only other diners. My main quibble is that, considering the, ahem, somewhat aggressive tone regarding sex tourists, I think the hotel is being unduly moderate in requesting that children be looked after 'with all reasonable control'. I would prefer to see them shackled and possibly gagged as well. Nasty little creatures. An acquaintance owns a resort in Chiang Mai and has a pool with fairly deep water at both ends 'to make it as child-unfriendly as possible' as he puts it. Now there's the spirit!
    [i]There is a boy across the river with a bottom like a peach,
    But alas I cannot swim.
    [/i]
    - From an early-19th-century Pashtun marching song

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Thai Dyed
    I stay at the Atlanta. Lots of old-world charm.
    http://www.theatlantahotelbangkok.com/

[attachment=0:3j7aia1w]Atlanta_lobby.jpg[/attachment:3j7aia1w]
    Very interesting. I wonder if they would accept a gay couple? Anyone know that answer?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes i wondered that too and am guessing that they'd have no problem with that as their beef seems to be with sex tourists doing the shagging 3 or 4 guys OR girls a day - which it's none of their business is fair enough if that's the way they want to brand their hotel I guess, but I would HOPE that they wouldn't have any issue with a committed gay couple staying with them - anyone know for sure ???

This of course then validates the gay (sex tourists) who prefer their their chosen hotels don't encourage str8 people as that could be equally as painful having to stand in a lift with them watching them together ( watching us disapprovingly) as it is for them it seems in reverse !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Definitely avoid the Montien. I object to the Rose simply because they charge for wifi. Same with the Le Meridien (470 Baht/day for wifi), and the Meridien is pricey, though apparently not too pricey for some of our colleagues because a Dreamboy staff person said they often send boys over there to join their customers.

The Tarntawan Place Hotel is still the first choice of many gay travelers. Not five star, but a comfortable, welcoming ambience. ItтАЩs genteel and quiet enough for the senior sexpats, and the younger guests can still bring in up to three joiners at a time, with no joiner fees. There is never ever a problem bringing someone to your room as long as they can provide ID. TheyтАЩve apparently reduced their rates by a couple of hundred baht, installed e-safes in all the rooms, maybe replaced the 15 year old bedding in some rooms. Five minutesтАЩ walk to Boy Soi, even for those with mobility issues. Only caveat would be to book a Suriwongse room. The back rooms have no view or an unpleasant one. Mini-bar, tea/coffee maker, free wifi, same day laundry service, 24 hour restaurant. 7-11 and a pharmacy a few steps away. Around the corner from Tawan Bar, Indra massage, a few minutes from Super A, Golden Cock and Nature Boy.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Khor tose

Very interesting. I wonder if they would accept a gay couple?
    Only if they truly love each other and have equal income!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Thai Dyed
    I stay at the Atlanta. Lots of old-world charm.
    http://www.theatlantahotelbangkok.com/
    The website is wonderful. Every page has some gems. I had to look up the meaning of catamite!
    I thought that it was all a wonderfull spoof but it has reviews all over the web if you search for Atlanta Hotel.

You haven't really stayed there, have you Thai Dyed -- you're joshing us?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oh the Atlanta website is a hoot ! :-) Actualy it looks like quite a nice / interesting hotel ! What a pity I'll never be allowed to stay there unless I promise to be a good boy ( and even then I'm guessing too and anyway that SO ain't going to happen just to suite someone else's rules), although when reading the site all I could keep thinking was "how the hell do they survive with their chosen way of running out their business" - until I read the answer buried in their site pages i.e. " The Atlanta is not run as a commercial enterprise with a view to maximising profits; its financial aim is merely to cover costs". Hmmm Farang running their businesses whether that be bars or in this case a hotel without them making any profit ( either intentionally or otherwise) appear to be a very popular pastime in Thailand these days it seems !

I also especially liked the following in their caveat : "The Atlanta does not ask for or listen to explanations or excuses, and does not apologise for the manner in which miscreants are thrown out. The Atlanta also does not apologise for any mistakes it may be accused of having made with regard to the identification of sex tourists." So, to bad if you happen to live in the UK and maybe have been married and living here in the UK for the last 10 years with a Thai lady as your fully legal wife - if she walks in with you and we think "Oh, obviously a whore with her trick" we'll throw you out - and please note our policy regarding such matters a) we wont ask for or listen to your explanation and b) even if we're totally wrong and have highly insulted you and your wife, tough shit we'll not be apologising, even though we're in the wrong" - yes a BASTION of good manners there, I'm glad I'm just a lowly despicable sex tourist if that's what they believe GOOD manners make you become :-)

But hey, good luck to the owner for sticking to his views, he appears to be about 106 or something now so I'm guessing he doesn't need the money and if he still enjoys living in his bubble of "good manners" ( whilst of course being ridiculously bad mannered himself in how he judges, comments on and generally talks down to other people), but thats his affair and I wish him all the best with that :-)

i MIGHT just book a night for the hell of it, just to wind him up ! :-)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...how do they stay in business???...i wouldnt last 5 minutes...if the bell boys/doormen are cute...I probably would not make it past check in...