Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gay friendly hotels in BKK

Liked

Gay friendly hotels in BKK

Am coming down next month and looking for a gay friendly hotel that my friends can come by for a visit without
    the doorman raising hell when he sees a Thai boy with me or coming to my room.
    Help please James :angryfire:

Liked

Re: Gay friendly hotels in BKK

You might want to let the board know at least what city you are talking about: "Am coming down ..." is hardly helpful.
    Hotels in Thailand don't give a tinker's damn about concepts like being 'gay friendly'. Problem solved.
    A Thai doorman ~ if there is one ~ would never "raise hell" about anything to a customer. Problem solved.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Reception and security staff at the Montien in Surawong Rd can be decidedly unfriendly to your Thai guests. Attitude seems to be worse when they have a function such as a wedding reception in the hotel. I suspect that the Thai family that owns the hotel does not want to offend their their Hi-So clientele. I've also experienced attitude from security staff at the Tawana and from reception staff at the Siam Heritage. I'm well able to ignore this sort of attitude but I always feel badly for my guests and won't stay at these hotels. My experience may be isolated examples but there are plenty of other places that are more welcoming.

My favourite is the Rose Hotel even though the rooms are on the small side, the wifi is slow and expensive, and the breakfast isn't worth getting out of bed. The pool, however, is great as is the restaurant and the reception and security staff have seen it all before and are rarely fazed by guest behaviour. That said, they did a collective double take once when a very tall guest arrived clad in black leather accompanied by several old style travelling trunks also covered in leather!

The hotel is well located for the bars in Soi Twilight and for the sky train at Sala Daeng and the metro at Sam Yan. Rooms without breakfast usually cost about 1,500 baht. There is no lift to the floor on which the cheapest rooms are located but it is only one flight of stairs.

There are lots of other hotels in the vicinity that others can vouch for.

Enjoy your stay where ever you decide to stay.

Liked

James III, you Old Pretender!

I'd have obviously liked it much better if you'd styled yourself James VIII

:evil4:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

To be fair to the Op he did say in the threads title - gay friendly hotels "IN BKK" and depending on the hotel whilst they may not "raise hell" but someone may have a quite word or look if you roll up with some 20 year old thia guy in street clothes that touve just pulled in DJ in tow, if not then and there but perhaps later at check in / out / key collection ehen they ever so nicely remind you of their joiners policy etc.

And to the OP just to be sure make sure you book your room for "2" people and then the worst that can happen is you have to check your friend in ( but only in the swankiest of hotels perhaps - and if they are THAT swanky they "should" also be smart enough to deal with the situation quietly and discreetly if its not something they wish to encourage in that particular hotel, but your question is a valid one - and so to try and helpful - if you're staying in the Silom area instantly I would recommend the Tarntawan hotel as you wont have ANY problems there with joiners ( up to a maximum of six of them at any one time only though the last time I checked :-) assuming they all have ID that is of course, but that will be the same everywhere ( or should be) - enjoy.

Liked: 1

It depends on your budget.

My choice would be Tarntawan Place but if that is too expensive for you then try:
    Om Yim Lodge; Malaysia Hotel; BBB Inn or Vincents.
    And if none of those are appealing then take a look at dreadedned.com

Liked

I stay at the Atlanta. Lots of old-world charm.
    http://www.theatlantahotelbangkok.com/

[attachment=0:3qgbeupg]Atlanta_lobby.jpg[/attachment:3qgbeupg]

Liked

I have seen pictures of that lobby before but have never stayed at that hotel. Nonetheless, their "Caveats" make for hilarious reading. Here are some of my favorites:

"1/ The Atlanta does not welcome SEX TOURISTS, and does not try to be polite about it."

"3/ The Atlanta also does NOT WELCOME UNDOMESTICATED PEOPLE тАУ the sort of people whose conduct and appearance give tourists in general and their compatriots in particular a bad name. When The Atlanta states 'NOT WELCOME', The Atlanta means it. There will be no politeness about it."

"Visitors who object to any of The Atlanta's policies or who intend to spend their time in Thailand whoring, behaving badly, indulging in alcohol abuse and illicit drugs should stay elsewhere. The Atlanta is not that kind of place."

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    You might want to let the board know at least what city you are talking about: "Am coming down ..." is hardly helpful.
    Hotels in Thailand don't give a tinker's damn about concepts like being 'gay friendly'. Problem solved.
    A Thai doorman ~ if there is one ~ would never "raise hell" about anything to a customer. Problem solved.
    from reading the title of the thread i kinda guessed what city he was talking about !!

jfarmer the best bit on their website you left off ..

"A rescued dog that was at The Atlanta for many years but has already died was a very useful member of staff. It normally welcomed guests who walk into The Atlanta, but if the dog barked at the guest, it was 100% certain that that guest was going to turn out to be a trouble-maker. The dog was never mistaken тАУ not once. It was a very sweet dog. IF ONLY IT HAD BEEN A VICIOUS DOG TOO"....

fawlty towers perhaps.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by timmberty
    " ... from reading the title of the thread i kinda guessed what city he was talking about !!... "
    Conceded.

The Hilarious Hotel however, trumps all else in this thread.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand