List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't Cry For Me Technophobes.......

Liked

Don't Cry For Me Technophobes.......

I remember way back when... Long ago... Long, Long, Long ago... Just a little bit further back... Just a bit more... Right there!!! That is when I spoke about taking my laptop to the beach. I wrote about how I wanted to sit back on the beach, under an umbrella shading me from the sun, relaxed in a chair, sipping a cool drink and typing away on my laptop. Once said the technophobes began their crying and weeping! "NO! Don't bring your laptop with you on vacation!" "No! Don't bring your laptop to the beach!" All the crying and the weeping, and the weeping and the crying. It was as if a sick fat man was complaining about eating a bowl of dirty soup while still shoveling spoonful after spoonful in his mouth.

None were being forced to do as I did... I simply told of my plans but still the technophobes held Seder in the hope that it would not happen. I told how I had purchased a palm pilot to help me find the places and guys I found on the internet and got teased about my use of portable electronics by the nay-saying technophobes. Oh how they treated me :crybaby:

Now today...... Beach chairs have wifi to help connect laptops and smartphones to the internet. Everyone seems to have something similar to the old palm pilot in their hand. Tablets, Smartphones and Laptops are everywhere and now it is not uncommon to see them at the pool, on the beach, on a bus or at a bar.

Don't cry for me. I knew this day would come.... The day that I was shown to be ahead of the curve! :bis:
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

Re: Don't Cry For Me Technophobes.......

Good for you. I like people who are forward thinking and optimistic. Now i hope you made some money off of this trend....like buying Google or Apple. Nothing beats the stock market for building wealth.

Liked

I don't know why people get so het up when they see people on their electronic gadgets on the beach or in a bar (if they're alone that is).
    How different is it from when people used to sit reading books or newspapers or listening to music on Walkmen (long time ago, that)?
    Doing either whilst in company or during horizontal recreation is quite another matter!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet
    " ... I don't know why people get so het up when they see people on their electronic gadgets . . . [but] doing either whilst in company or during horizontal recreation is quite another matter! ... "
    These guys seem to disagree: :glasses7:
    A new world out there ....

[click on image to enlarge]
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

geeks have to have their toys with them.
    i would rather just enjoy the beach
    and the (sparse) scenery
    totally devoid of technocrap
    as I work on a tan.

Liked

I'm with you on this one, dab69. if I need the internet on holiday, I go to an internet caf├й. otherwise, even my mobile phone stays in my room.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

i see there is now an official name for people who can't put down their phones for even a second ..
    nomophilia .. that means bucky's a homo-nomophillic .... kinda fits ..
    seems people who need to be in contact 24/7 have very low social skills and a need to be loved ... even if it is by a phone.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by timmberty
    i see there is now an official name for people who can't put down their phones for even a second ..
    nomophilia .. that means bucky's a homo-nomophillic .... kinda fits ..
    seems people who need to be in contact 24/7 have very low social skills and a need to be loved ... even if it is by a phone.
    Says the man on more message boards then carter has liver pills :-)

Liked

you really need to add some proof to the allegations you make ... gives us the boards and the names used ??

p.s. taking threads off topic, isnt that something you dislike ? flamming i think you like to call it .
    i would say its like the pot calling the kettle ..... but we've done that one already today!!!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by timmberty
    you really need to add some proof to the allegations you make ... gives us the boards and the names used ??

p.s. taking threads off topic, isnt that something you dislike ? flamming i think you like to call it .
    i would say its like the pot calling the kettle ..... but we've done that one already today!!!
    I have the full support and permission from the OP