Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bangkok or Pattaya

Liked

Re: Bangkok or Pattaya

How long are you staying in Thailand. If you plan on visiting PTY, it certainly deserves more than one day. I would suggest at least a long weekend.
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by adman5000
    How long are you staying in Thailand. If you plan on visiting PTY, it certainly deserves more than one day. I would suggest at least a long weekend.
    I'm planning on visiting DMK as well as BKK but not sure whether HDY would be more interesting than HKT. Any suggestions?

Liked

In my opinion and for my pleasure Pattaya is best for a longer stay, talking about a few weeks up to a month because I still have to work in Europe between holidays :-(

This is how I do it.

First go visit something new and exciting for 4 nights or a week. Start with thai places like Chiang Mai, Koh Chang and Koh Samui, then start exploring other nearby countries in South East Asia like Cambodia, Lao and Malaysia.

Then go to Pattaya for the rest of the holiday. Stay in cosy Jomtien with the beach.

For days you do not want to spend on the beach you have plenty of alternatives. Shopping in Pattaya in big department stores or markets. Wats. Excursions. Crocodiles, elephants and tigers etc. Koh Laarn with different beaches. Touristic places like Nong Nooch gardens and the floating market. Beaches south of Pattaya. Bring your favourite boy and have a good time.

For the nights Jomtien has a lot to offer with several friendly bars and plenty of good restaurants. When bored you spend a night in Boys Town or at Sunee Plaza.

Visit Bangkok for two nights if you want big city feeling, it┬┤s enough, or go to Koh Samet if you want paradise Island feeling, for two nights as well, it┬┤s enough. Then back again to Jomtien!

Liked

I don't always like to pack my bags and change hotels when I don't need to. Hotels are cheaper in Pattaya, and the air in Bangkok is quite polluted (and my BF prefers Pattaya). I usually land in Thailand rather late. in that case I often prefer to stay in Bangkok for a night or two. When I stay in Pattaya, I sometimes take the bus to Bangkok for shopping (e.g. for books). If I want to stay for the nightlife, I can just grab a taxi back to Pattaya (about 1500bath or less) ; you might end up taking a short time room though.

As other poster suggested, don't forget Thailand is a lot more than just Bangkok and Pattaya. Recently, I've started renting cars for a week or so (my BF is with me, so I'm not driving alone).