Lonelywombat wrote:
If you are going to Pattaya ,why not get minibus from border direct to your Pattaya hotel. It is a long drive but better than changing buses.

My friends stayed overnight at the border to get away quite early. I am unsure what your plans are but the earliest start is the least crowded.The minivan also gets to Pattaya before the office traffic starts to build up from Bangkok, late afternoon
Thanks for the suggestion Lonelywombat. One of the reasons IтАЩm doing this trip is because of the new direct bus service. The appeal to me is staying on one bus directly into BKK where I know where I am going. I donтАЩt know anything about where everything is at the border and that is what put me off from doing Cambodia before. IтАЩm a fairly brave independent traveler but years of stories of chaos and scams at this crossing kept me away from it.

IтАЩve done minivans from Pattaya to the airport and once from Hua Hin to BKK. I didnтАЩt like them as they were to much in close quarters for me (one nice Muslim fella fell asleep on my shoulder once; not really what I was looking for.) And if I really feel I donтАЩt want face another bus ride I have the option of hopping over to the Malaysia for a night, thought I would really rather just get down to Jomtien.

Thanks also Smiles for your input. Given those stories and others I prefer the old sturdy traditional bus. Hell, if I had the time IтАЩd do what Christianpfc does and take the train!

Quote Originally Posted by jinks
As a provisional member your first few posts need to be reviewed.

Thereafter they go straight to the board.

I would say that in reviewing your first posts, they look more like they are from a seasoned poster, not a new member.
Okay, I see. Thanks jinks. I post on my local board often and I had this account under Phred last year but it was inactive so I reapplied for it so IтАЩve posted here before.