Next month I return to Thailand for my annual vacation and this year IтАЩm stopping in Cambodia on the way. This is my first trip there and I will start in Phnom Penh and travel forward to Siem Reap and then to Bangkok. IтАЩve gathered some transit information but still canтАЩt quite be sure of some things and wonder if any of you might be able to provide some answers and links to places I can confirm information.

IтАЩve read that earlier this year the first bus service directly connecting Thailand and Cambodia was launched. I havenтАЩt found any website for such a service. Does anyone know one? Also, has anyone done the trip this way and have any details: length of trip, comfort level, visa method, etc.? I would just be doing the Siem Reap Bangkok route.

My other questions involve getting to BKK airport at a rather early hour. I have yet to book my ticket and have the choice of either an 8:20 or 9:20 a.m. flight out of BKK (different days). I always stay in Jomtien and last year I took the airport bus service that leaves from the supermarket parking lot across from Pan Pan restaurant (I think). I was a great trip last year and got me to the airport in 90 minutes but it was a Sunday night with no traffic. I think this is operated by Bell Travel but on their website I canтАЩt find the bus service, only hotel pick up. Is Bell the company that runs the bus service or another company? IтАЩm trying to find out what time the earliest bus of the day leaves and if I could make it to the airport by 7:00 for the 9:20 flight (my preference).

IF I chose the 8:20 flight I doubt the bus from Jomtien would leave early enough to get me there at least 2 ┬╜ hours before the flight. So I would probably have to travel up to Bangkok the night before and go to the airport in the morning. I have never taken the new train service to the airport but would like to if I tried this option. IтАЩve only found a schedule online for trains from the airport but no to there. I usually stay at the Malaysia Hotel as itтАЩs near the subway. Does anyone know if I can access the airport line near the Malaysia Hotel and if they leave early enough to get the airport by about 6:15 a.m.?

Thanks to all in advance for any local knowledge you can supply me. Sorry this post is about such tedious trip details. Hope I can reciprocate with more useful information once IтАЩm there.

Oh, btw, before anyone starts suggesting flying and limos please keep in mind IтАЩm a budget traveler and need to mind the baht. Many thanks!