Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bangkok - Pinnacle Lumpinee hotel

Liked

Re: pinnacle lumpinee hotel bangkok

Ah yes...sorry it is Sathorn...and Wireless on the other side of Rama IV if you were going to Lumpini Park....another option to the Pinnacle with the pedestrian overpass just up Rama IV from the hotel.

As for the "Infamous" Malay Caf├й at the Malaysia Hotel....I quite like the place and the food is okay and to my liking....especially the Asian breakfast.
    Some of the ladies have been working there throughout the 20 years or so I've been coming to Bangkok....and they've always remembered me.
    When I've stayed at the Lumpini Park View (Just up from the Pinnacle), it's good to know you can always venture down to the Caf├й at all hours of the day and night and find a cold beer, something to eat and perhaps something to take home

Surfcrest

Liked

I've stayed there in January this year. Also booked through jimmy. Nice guy.

Location wise, though its near to silom by cab, it's still quite far to walk to my standards. A good 15 minutes walk at least. And bangkok heat and dust does not help either.

I agree with the post above that the Chinese restaurant serves good food. Taxis are abundant but sometimes you would still prefer to be in an area where everything is near you.

I stayed there with a friend. I hired a boy to my room while my friend went somewhere else. The reception called and asked me how many people were in my room. I said only two. And he hung up. I guess he was trying to find out if there was additional person in the room but I managed to explain to him that my check in friend is not with me and this current boy will be here for a while only.

Gay friendly hotel. Lots of westerners with their asian/Thai boyfriends. The pool at the top floor offers great scenery! But I didn't managed to swim. Small pool and lots of people! Families with kids! Hahah

Anyhow, if budget is concern, then this hotel is good. If not, you could try staying in the heart of silom?
    I Love You Too

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Mancs
    And the cheapest way is to get the slower train from the lower level of the airport to Makkasan station (30 baht or so), exit from there and cross the railway line to Phetchaburi underground station, then get the tube train just a few stops to Lumphini station (maybe 25 baht). The hotel is ten minutes walk from there.
    There are Express Line and City Line. The latter stops at all stations, is therefore slower, but cheaper. There is no direct connection from Makkasan to Phetchaburi, it's about 500 meters walk, not recommended if you have luggage.

With local knowledge, you might be able to find a bus connection that is a few baht cheaper.

Liked

BF and I stayed in the Pinnacle aver Songkran in one of their "Pinnacle rooms"
    The Pinnacle room is meant to be 2 steps up from their Superior room (Deluxe is in between)

Paid тВм52 for the night around 2300B at the exchange rate at the time...
    In the meantime my travelling companion stayed in a superior room @32 per night... I could see no difference between the 2 room types!

BF and I had stayed in the Pinnacle many times in the distant past and we always remembered the rooms being a lot bigger than the rooms myself and my friend got... Recently we have either stayed at the Ibis Sathorn or the Rose... but both were sold out at songkran

Given the choice we would definately stay in the Rose hotel next time around
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked: 1

To Bert160
    As long as you book a double there is no problem taking guest back at night. They must leave ID at reception.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by PattayaBob
    To Bert160
    As long as you book a double there is no problem taking guest back at night. They must leave ID at reception.
    But note: in case you do a 3some, they might try to charge you for the 2nd boy, although having booked a double room. Happened to me once, cost me 10-15 mins of argument with the stubborn night clerk who even phoned his "manager" (I had to talk to him, too). Wanted to charge 500 Baht, got nothing in the end and lost a repeat customer of 10+ years.

Now staying in the lower Sukhumvit area near the ladies bars. No hassle whatsoever bringing back anybody to the room. For similar room same price range as Pinnacle (even when booking through Jimmy - BTW a nice but quite slowly operating guy, paying your bill can be quite time consuming). 50 Baht taxi to Silom/Suriwong.

Liked

Bao-Bao- I have been to the restaurant for which you posted pics. I agree. It was simple and good and you could almost watch them make the food in the back tiny kitchen area. It was just a few doors away on the SAME side of the street.
    The restaurant I was referring to was ACROSS from the Pinnacle and also had a driveway gate entrance off Rama 4 next to the bank on the corner. They have a parking lot and multiple floors. It was a bit upscale versus the one you refer to. I think it was call Chanphen Chinese Restaurant. Very good food.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by adman5000
    The restaurant I was referring to was ACROSS from the Pinnacle and also had a driveway gate entrance off Rama 4 next to the bank on the corner. They have a parking lot and multiple floors. It was a bit upscale versus the one you refer to. I think it was call Chanphen Chinese Restaurant. Very good food.
    I figured I had that one wrong, but I couldn't remember for sure. Thank you for the correction - I'll take a look next time I'm in the area!

Liked

I have stayed at the P.L. many times and usually get a double reservation.
    Besides not being hassled for a joiner; if he should spend the night cuddling
    you will get a second coupon for your trick to join you for breakfast.
    Also on occasion if I am lounging at the
    pool in the afternoon, I use the extra breakfast coupon for their buffet lunch
    (+100$b. ) Quite a good deal.

Liked

And I'm in the Pinnacle now, since many of you like it. I can see the results of the renovation, though I have never stayed before. It has everything I need at a good price for the cheapest room-1360 baht on Booking.com. The only thing missing is a water hose by the toilet-now I find it odd when there isn't one in Thailand. Even the bus from Phitsanulok today had a water hose in the loo. All the shops and services on Rama IV are extremely handy. Lumpini MRT is a short walk.