Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sihanookville, Cambodia

Liked

Sihanookville, Cambodia

Have any of you visited this place? A large percentage of the things I've read about it are negative. If you have been and know anything about the place, please tell us. Anyone know the islands off the coast of Cambodia and are they worth visiting?

Liked: 1

Re: Sihanookville, Cambodia

I have visited Sihanoukville. I think it is a lovely place to stay for a beach holiday and the islands are worth a visit. Still the genuine thing - but for how long?
    Search for SIHANOUKVILLE and se my oploaded pictures.
    тАЬThe only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.тАЭ
    тАХ Theodore Roosevelt

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I read somewhere there was a gay guesthouse/hotel there other than that is there any scene there?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

I would contact the owner of the gay restaurant there and ask for help.

http://www.cheers-cambodia.com/index.php

They go on leave for all June for staff holiday. Best to contact him straight away.

Ideally it could be the start point for you for local info

There is a gay bar on premises
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    I would contact the owner of the gay restaurant there and ask for help.

http://www.cheers-cambodia.com/index.php
    I prefer to hear from someone who's actually been there as the owner has a vested interest.

Liked

Typical lazy and negative reply as you usually did on gaybutton.

If you have a contact publish it . If not,why knock a contact to a gay hotel.What else is there. Put some effort into your replies and stop acting negative as you did on gaybuttons board

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons

I read somewhere there was a gay guesthouse/hotel there other than that is there any scene there?

Ive heard it is where all the Cambodian gangsters hang out on weekends.

Liked

Lonley if you called a restaurant and asked how is your food what would you expect them to say?
    If you called a massage place and said how is your staff what would you expect them to say?
    If you called a hotel and asked are your rooms ok what would you expect them to say?
    If you asked a bar boy if he provides quality sex what would you expect him to say?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BrisbaneGuy
    Ive heard it is where all the Cambodian gangsters hang out on weekends.
    It seems you are right BrisbaneGuy
    Imagine this: Luscious green tropical trees surround you and the Bahama blue coastline of Sihanoukville at your footsteps. You are sitting under the shady breeze of a bungalow, sipping on some ridiculously fresh coconut juice. Now, picture you and 41 other perky university students enjoying a good time playing cards, eating fresh seafood and exotic fruits and swimming in the super chill Gulf of Thailand. With no worries in the world, you relax and let time fly by. At this moment, you are at absolute peace.
    This was no dream.
    But just then and there, your concept of peace and your sense of tranquility become tainted to the reality that plagues Cambodia.
    Two vehicles loom in the distance comes to a screeching halt. As they step foot out of their plush Land Cruisers, a mushroom of mafia-style smoke hovers over them. (Feels like a scene out of some Tarantino flick)
    Their clique had no more than 15 people. All but two were males aged 21 to 25 at most. They had nice, clean, casual clothes. However, the two girls had on some of the skimpiest outfit I have ever seen. (Yeah, even skimpier than the Asian girls at the University of Washington during spring quarter!). Anyways, my instincts rubbed off negative vibes. I had a gut feeling that they were тАЬbad news.тАЭ
    An hour after their arrival, my instincts began to take form. The first signтАУlarge consumption of alcohol. Contrary to the TV commercial, Red Bull does not give you wings, especially when mixed with Angkor BeerтАУit just makes you rowdy. Second, excessive smoking. I swear I could barely see their faces in the cloud of smoke they were puffing. And then their irrational behavior. Who in their sane mind would run around the beach yelling like wild baboons? Sure you can argue that these activities and behaviors are common among young adults, and rightfully, that is true. But let me drop in the final variableтАУguns.
    Not one, not two, but I counted them allтАУ13! Everyone had a small pistol stashed at their back, tucked underneath their nicely pressed shirts.
    From http://gayswithpassports.wordpress.com/ ... noukville/

However our friends from Pattaya should feel right at home, according to this Kindle book on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Visa-Run-Pattaya- ... B00452VA4Y
    "If you think you understood what I said you weren't listening" - Alan Greenspan

Liked

manofallseasons that is still typically negative. So quick to knock but little effort to find any person to ring.

Have a look at these and make a recommendation of whom to ring.

http://www.travelgayasia.com/gay-sihano ... attambang/
    http://www.utopia-asia.com/tipscam.htm
    http://www.cambodia-gay.com/sihanoukvil ... eting.html

Surely you can find more This was page one of my google search. I stand by my remarks that the gay owner of Cheers is about the only person I can recommend.

Lets see the results of your more experienced advice.