I recently added social media fields in the user profiles, meaning that members who wish to share their facebook and twitter pages with the forum can, if they wish, do so by entering their info in the provided fields on the UCP>Profile page. I'm delighted that a few newer members have at least attempted to do so, but I think I need to explain something about the way the format for those links work:

For Twitter just put in your twitter name without the web address of Twitter. The board software knows where Twitter is
I just put "elephantspike" (without the quotes) (and because it is my twitter name not because it is my name here) in the space for twitter in Control Panel> User Control Panel> Profile. (Do not use the "@" part either)

For facebook, the same thing. Just your facebook nickname in your profile, not the whole url. If you don't have a facebook nickname, on facebook, you go to account settings (the down arrow next to "home" on the upper right) then on the next page click "username" (second one down, under "name") Fill in the space provided after the facebook url and submit. Now you have a facebook nickname. That is what you put in your profile user control panel here to make a link to your facebook appear in your profile on the board. In my case, my facebook name is also "elephantspike", so that is all I put in that space for facebook in the UCP>Profile page

Hope that helps.