List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If your dog steals the neighbors chickens....

Liked

If your dog steals the neighbors chickens....

If your dog steals the neighbors chickens,,, who's fault is it? The dog's fault, or the neighbors fault for not putting her chickens in a proper pen, and instead allowing them to freely wander around?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Liked

Re: If your dog steals the neighbors chickens....

A bit of clarification - when you say "steals" do you mean "eats" or "kills"?. I'd say it depends on whose property the theft took place. If her chickens are on your property, your dog can do what he likes. However, if he crosses onto her property, it's your responsibility (not the dogs). This is not to be construed as offering legal advice - please consult your lawyer as required.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

No, he hasn't killed a single one yet, which I actually find a bit weird. He goes over to her house, and grabs them, then brings them home live and squawking. He doesn't seem to show any interest in killing them -- it's like a toy for him, or something. Then the old lady comes by, screams at me and my neighbor for a while, and picks up her chicken.

I don't know, I'm somewhat of two minds on this -- on hand, my dog and my responsibility, and I understand that. On the other hand, she's a total bitch, so there's a part of me that just wants to throw a roll of chicken wire at her, and tell her to piss off and build a proper coup if she wants to keep her chickens safe from outside threats.

My dog, my responsibility. Her chickens, her responsibility though.

Liked

Now that's funny. Strange behaviour for a dog, I guess. Why does she shout at your neighbour too? I'd ignore it as far as possible until your dog actually kills a chicken. I guess you realise you're not in Canada anymore (or wherever you came from). Wonderful Thailand.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    Why does she shout at your neighbour too?
    Because we're good friends, and have a good repour together. When incidents like this spur up, she has my back, and will jump in to translate and help calm the situation. On the flip side, I have her back too if and when needed.

One of those neighborly things. The West used to have it, but doesn't really anymore, hence one of the many reasons I enjoy living here instead. :-)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Farang is always at fault?
    Why do you allow your dog to roam irresponsibly, intruding on the neighbors property and be cruel to their animals?

Liked

Your dog, your responsibility.

Liked

her chickens her responsibility.. how dare she allow her chickens to run loose in her own garden ...
    im sure it was that sort of attitude that made you get up and go from the boyfriend and family wasnt it matt ??
    seems like you caught part of it before you left ...

Liked

If, indeed, this were Canada she could keep the dog for the damage caused and use it for whatever purpose she desires. Might make a good red curry. :crybaby:
    Will Rogers said, "I never met a man I didn't like", but he never met Donald Trump.

Senior member RonanTheBarbarian's Avatar
    Liked

"there's a part of me that just wants to throw a roll of chicken wire at her, and tell her to piss off and build a proper coup if she wants to keep her chickens safe from outside threats".

If you are such a fan of having people keep their animals under control, why do you not build proper fencing around your home to prevent the dog getting out of your garden?

After all, it is your dog that is trespassing, not the chickens.

Anyway, if you are fond of your dog, I wouldnt worry so much about the legalities as much as the neighbour getting fed up and poisoning the dog. That seems to be the way a lot of these stories end up in Thailand.