List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is important to a Thai Guy (Other than Money)

Liked

What is important to a Thai Guy (Other than Money)

I would like to ask others' opinions on their experiences of what is important to a Thai guy to be attracted to a Farang after you remove MONEY/MEANS?
    DRESS STYLE
    FITNESS/HEALTH
    CLEANLINESS/SMELL
    KINDNESS TO OTHERS
    RESPECT
    WILLINGNESS TO ADAPT TO THAI STYLE (FOOD, LANGUAGE, FRIENDS, MUSIC, BUDDHISM, ETC)
    OTHER THINGS???????????

I have always been amazed at how many Thai guys are very observant of small things we do (or don't do) and how it influences their opinion of us. What are some of your experiences on this subject? Do you think these things matter in trying to start a relationship with a Thai? :dontknow:

If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Liked

Re: What is important to a Thai Guy (Other than Money)

if the things you mention are so small the what does it matter ? 100 baht or 1000 baht or a million baht . they dont care if you stink to high heaven if you have baht ... tho i had sex free last night with a cute guy .. but where was the fucker tonight >>> fucked off elsewhere ... stop sweating the small stuff and live the life ..

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Sorry but you cannot remove money from the equation, having a farang is a career move!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

I don't see Thai guys as being any different than the people I socialize with here in Delaware. They all want the same thing and have the same emotions, desires and wants. The only thing different is me and how I treat them as well as my attitude when I am out and about.

If you stink in the USA and you Stink in Thailand, chances are you will be alone a lot.

When you go to a place of business, they are there to conduct business and one should not be surprised when you go to a gogo bar and find that you are treated like a customer. You are. Sure they may pass out free samples from time to time but for the most part, it is what it is.

Now, off and away from the job, what does that flesh and blood person want most? I say they want the same thing we all want.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

Timmberty- Yes, by all means, live the life. I think I understand why the cute guy didn't come back.

Manforallseasons - I edited my question to just say "attracted". If there are two farangs each with equal baht, I think the Thai guys have additional factors they value in choosing who to go with.

Bucknaway - Sorry, I disagree with you. I think the Thai guys have different reactions and place more value on different things that the typical farang.

I guess my experiences have been different.
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Liked

My remarks are based on what my Thai bf has said or indicated;

He always likes me to wear nice attire; shirts with collars, long pants and shoes/sneakers although I do wear dress shorts anyway. He also appreciates someone who is well groomed and clean. Another thing that impress him are farang who are generous tippers with service personnel . And always appreciates farang who speak with him and engage him in conversation either in Thai or English. Finally he seems to like people who are well mannered at the dinner table.

7. User who gave Like to post:

ktq (June 3rd, 2020)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Wit and word play, puns etc, are much appreciated.

Haa sanuk geng, good at participating in a party is popular, and not just picking up the bill.

When we were sometimes picking up guys online for threesomes, I often heard my bf on the phone stressing to a possible visitor that I was a clean person, Khon Sa-aat, as if, as farang, it was quite likely that I woudn't have been!

Liked

The first thing I would say is that "Thai guys" are no more an homogenous group than "farang guys" so, your mileage may vary. First to deal with the points raised by the OP:
    DRESS STYLE - not hugely important, so long as you are not dressed as a scruffy down-and-out.
    FITNESS/HEALTH - Don't know. I'm a reasonably fit and reasonably healthy near 60-year old. It doesn't seem to be an issue for me.
    CLEANLINESS/SMELL - yes, definitely. Thailand is a hot country and I have news for those farang who think you can get away with only showering once a day or wearing a shirt twice. You can't.
    KINDNESS TO OTHERS - Yes, very definitely, and it means towards everybody. If you are rude or aggressive towards, say, a hotel employee or a waiter in a restaurant, you will go down in the estimation of every Thai in hearing distance (including your companions).
    RESPECT - Same as for kindness. They're both a part of the concept of kreng jai - which is a pity in my case, because I don't understand it.
    WILLINGNESS TO ADAPT TO THAI STYLE (FOOD, LANGUAGE, FRIENDS, MUSIC, BUDDHISM, ETC) - This is more for "brownie points". You are a farang, you will always be a farang, and I think most Thais will not expect you to want or like to do many of the things they want and like to do, or to behave in the way that they do. That said, I have sometimes been surprised by how pleased a Thai friend can be by really quite trivial things - like me actually liking rice soup for breakfast for instance.
    On the other hand, some will see having a meal in Sizzler (or even KFC) as "aspirational" That makes me a Cheap Charlie for having rice soup for breakfast. Remember what I said about Thai guys not being an homogenous group? It's all down to the person you're with.

Something else? Something I have noticed often enough in Thais to suggest that a real difference is that many have a really strong impulse, a need if you like, to have somebody to care of. "Take care of you" is not just a bar boy euphemism for pandering to your baser needs. It really means something to many Thais.

Liked

Good comments from many and match my experiences as well.

Thai do take note of appearance and attach value to it. One of the things I am bewildered by is the ability of Thai of all economic levels to maintain a clean, pressed, well-put-together appearance. Sure, you might see someone pop out to a neighbor hood place in "comfort" attire to grab a take-away food, but if they are going "out", then they will put real effort into their appearance.

The whole idea of kindness / merit / respect is also a big deal. I am with ceejay...I don't understand it a lot, but I am still observant and trying to learn more with every visit. Goes along with the whole "take care" thing. I don't think it translates well into the Western experience.

For the others, yes you can keep it on a transactional level...baht for sex....but there are depths beyond that if you are willing to put forth the effort. Not saying everyone needs to do it, but just because it is not in your realm of experience does not mean it does not exist. After hanging out with bar boys in their "off" hours with their guard down a bit, you learn many things. Just saying....

Liked

I think they appreciate it if you show an interest in, and try to understand, their culture.

Especially a little language; it goes a long way. In my case, sure, they have a bit of a laugh at my poor use of tones, but I think they appreciate that at least I'm trying.

And, of course, cleanliness.