Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Hydra Management

Liked

Hydra Management

Members,

There are indeed tools attached to the board that will allow me to manage the hydra issue.
    If I discover you are using hyrdas, the hydra account will be deactivated immediately and your own account could also be directly affected.
    If you believe someone is using a hydra to the detriment of this forum, please let me know!
    If your account has been deactivated without warning, send me an email and I'll explain it to you.

Thank you,

Surfcrest
    surfcrest@hotmail.com

Liked

Re: Hydra Management

This phpBB software that the forum runs on collects and incredible amount of statistics for us in terms of traffic and where this traffic is coming from. Ideally, these are tools that business owners can use to measure the effectiveness of their site, the value in terms of traffic and the advertising base, based on these traffic statistics.

This information can also greatly assist us in creating filters to sift out the spam, to sift out the constant barrage of spam members trying to join and members posting under more than one identity. This is simply a matter of filters that can identify suspicious activity for us to take a closer look at. Whatever private information you have on file with us is safe and is not used in the filter process.

Hydra management will be handled as transparently as possible and privately between me and the member. I will not be discussing openly the process, my findings or the details of my private discussion with the member. The member will be given every opportunity to explain the situation before any action is taken, unless the hydraтАЩs actions are of an immediate concern to the viability of the board. The results of the action taken may be made known when we have a confirmation of this activity taking place, depending on the impact to other members.

The hydra may be deleted, deactivated or have their privileges removed in whole or in part. The privileges of the member involved may also be affected, based on the complete circumstances.

Clearly, the use or misuse of hydras has been an issue here at SGT for quite some time and has made for an uneven playing field for some of us members here and it also undermine the integrity of the forum as a whole. I hope these measures will allow us to curb this behaviour, if not eliminate it altogether.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Surfcrest

Liked

My only concern is that it doesn't go far enough!

If someone is caught out "hydra-ing" then (in my opinion) then not only the discovered hydra but ALL their usernames should be banned - there ought to be no "might" or "perhaps" about it.

:hello2:

Liked

In respect to hydra management, I realize that there may be some members that have retired a previous user ID or are not actively using it anymore. Whatever anyoneтАЩs reasons for doing this its fine.

From a hydra perspective, the concern is having a member use two or more identities at the same time in a wilful attempt to deceive some or all of the membership.

I will continue to have private dialogue behind the scenes with members or with the multiple identities of one member until it is realized by all that this behaviour is both detectable and unwelcome by the vast majority of the membership.

Surfcrest