Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Something's Missing ... DANTE!!!!

Liked

Something's Missing ... DANTE!!!!

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but the 'SUBJECT' line is missing when a reply to a post is made.
    Once upon a time a person could reply in a thread, but still change the subject line somewhat in order to make a point more clearly. The field for the subject line is still in the Compose Message window, but once 'Submit' is clicked it's gone.

I had not noticed this until I tried it myself in a post in the Gay Thailand Forum. Most of the time the original post's title still lives within the subject line of every reply by default, but in fact a poster can change it if he wishes ... for instance if one is attempting to make a joke within an overly-serious thread.

A small item I know, but the subject line has always been there, available to be changed and then show up in the posted reply.

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Re: Something's Missing ... DANTE!!!!

You are having a senior moment my friend.
    Or your GUI = browser is.

Liked

Huh?

I actually don't think a subsequent poster ought to be able to change the subject line of the topic.

I don't recall it ever being the case, but...... :dontknow:

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Re: CHANGED JUST FOR YOU

CHANGED JUST FOR YOU - see above

Liked

As usual, jinks hops in and writes something both incomprehensible and of no particular use. Sent any emails lately?
    jinks, this was a technical question to Dante. Not you.

And to Scottish-Guy: Changing the Subject line in your own post within a thread is not necessarily the same as changing (or attempting to change) the original topic. That's not my point ... although 'going-off-topic' has been a rather charming and ubiquitous happening on Sawatdee for just about forever, human nature being what it is and not being able to abide the presence of a 10+-page thread without a bit of naughty subversion somewhere along the line. Frankly I think helps to make Sawatdee the edgy place it is.

I meant changing the Subject line within a thread if, for instance, one has kind of an 'aside' comment, or joke, or play on words etc etc that might need a bit of 'explaining' by using a personalized subject line.
    It's not a big deal ... just thought I'd mention that the subject line used to be present in each individual post, and now it is not.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Something's Missing or Not?

See subject.