Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Posts

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Old Posts

Notice that some returning members have had their post count reduced and are starting again from zero, although they are returning with their original posting name. Does this mean that all their old posts have been deleted under the burn the books regime? Hopefully not.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Re: Old Posts

Not deleted, unfortunately I have tried every toy in box and I cannot link the re-registered name with the old posts in the same name.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

That's great that they're not deleted. Hope that you find a way for them to be accessible. Appreciate that you appreciate their worth.

To save dragging the thread out - Search with the username in keywords not poster. - jinks

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala
    Notice that some returning members have had their post count reduced and are starting again from zero, although they are returning with their original posting name. Does this mean that all their old posts have been deleted under the burn the books regime? Hopefully not.
    All mine have gone. What a lot of typing ~ 10 years worth ~ for nothing! :occasion5:

POSTED A BIT LATER:

Quote Originally Posted by jinks
    Not deleted, unfortunately I have tried every toy in box and I cannot link the re-registered name with the old posts in the same name.
    Well well well ... thanks jinks. Good tip, they do indeed still exist, somewhere.
    Now, what does one do with a post written in 2004?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Don't worry, they can be retrieved, and it's a non-issue. They're just under different User IDs at the moment. For example, Smiles, your current (new) ID# is 50527, and all of your posts are assigned to that ID#.

Your old account was a different ID#, and the old posts are assigned to that ID#. Not a big deal, and easily solvable.

Liked

i guess its only the posters who didnt ever want to post on here again who gave up their user names ??
    thats a guess and ?? so its more a question.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

PS Smiliey you asked to be deleted. Your posts were never deleted only your name was as requested.

PS SG the other board is not a Bitch board and will not operate like that. While there can't be a search under every applicants name, I do happen to know your email address and the address there was not yours. Scottish-guy was deleted. May I suggest that you go there and register to save the name and if you don't want to, well don't complain.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Neal
    PS SG the other board is not a Bitch board and will not operate like that. While there can't be a search under every applicants name, I do happen to know your email address and the address there was not yours. Scottish-guy was deleted. May I suggest that you go there and register to save the name and if you don't want to, well don't complain.
    There we go. Geez, that happened sooner than I thought. You just admitted you have administrator control over the new board, as you're the one screening applicants. Not much point for you to continue saying "his board" anymore, eh?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I am helping the owner, not THE owner. I have some controls that I can adjust and help but I don't know how to build websites and really have no desire to own one again. You all have taken the Gusto from me. I am there so that I can make adjustments to controls only.

PS.To the above the rules we had gone over may have come from this and another board in general, I think if you look at many of the rues, they were adjusted and revised to meet the needs of that board.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I think Neal may have rewrote or reworded the rules when he took over SGF...

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    There we go. Geez, that happened sooner than I thought. You just admitted you have administrator control over the new board, as you're the one screening applicants.
    I know... It's like watching a car accident.

Looks like you're pulling an all-nighter too! How's that crisp morning air in Chiang Mai or wherever you are?