List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any updates on Pattaya Clubs..NAB, Dave, Etc...

Liked

Re: Any updates on Pattaya Clubs..NAB, Dave, Etc...

translation for an old man please - what does Poochai mean? I can get the general sense - kind of jai dee - am I close?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    translation for an old man please - what does Poochai mean? I can get the general sense - kind of jai dee - am I close?
    Technically it means "man", or with how they use it, "straight".

Liked

thanks matt - I guess martin is kind of saying "straight-acting" as they used to say in the personal ads?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    thanks matt - I guess martin is kind of saying "straight-acting" as they used to say in the personal ads?
    As Matt says Poochai = man or straight....
    In terms of poochai working on the gay scene i think "gay-for-pay" might be a closer analogy
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

thanks colmx - always good to get the expert's view :notworthy:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    The gay club scene seems quieter to me than i ever remember it...As for the late night venues...We made it to Idol once... it was unbelievably dead....NAB is definately at the top of the tree again... we only went there twice on last... it may be flavour of the month... but its still not our flavour! at New YearWe hit hollywood 4 times... they seem to have "stolen" a lot of the Chinese/taiwan/Korean customers from Star dice and its almost impossible to get a table on main floor after 11.30... this unfortunately also means the show is gone very K-pop and a lot more smokey... but its still good for a change to the normalTumnanchon is still getting full houses every night... Pluang Mai (old Tawan Daeng) is still my BFs favourite... i go there to keep him happy and most friends are happy to go there too... as long as we head to a gay club after 2!We hit dave on all but 3 nights of a 15 night trip... Coyote numbers and customer numbers are also way down... there was a few nights when i was the only farang there...Never made it to Mc2.... bring back T&T!
    Great update. A few interesting snippets there Colmx. My last visit in Feb, IDOL was still the place to go. I'm afraid I never liked it, the layout or the seemingly hours of parades of coyotes with katoey commentary so utterly boring, but even so a bit surprised at it's quietening down. Also interesting that NAB is 'in' again, I know it's maybe not the fave of hardline clubbers like Colmx, but we visited there last trip against the tide of Dave and Idol recommendations, it did the necessary for the 2-3 hours when we want club sanook. As I have mentioned before I/we tend to be less interested in surrounding tables (although still enjoy the eye candy) just mostly having our own fun in our company and that's why also we are just as happy in Stardice, Hollywood, pluang Mai or where-ever.

When the bf gets to hear this his beloved Hollywood is now attracting the Stardice crowd finding enough excuses not to go there will be more difficult. I still like the clubs where the eye candy is part of the vibe, so I prefer NAB/Dave type gay clubs, the bf and friends do not really flirt with other Thai gays and are not that interested in hook-ups as part of the evenings fun so they kinda love the korean/jap vibe and seem somewhat mesmerised at the korean/jap customer antics on little or no alcoholic stimulant as well as their 'traits' like doing everything in packs....one goes and 20 follow! and their ability just to have endless fun and sanuk given the least opportunity.

They also love the K-pop scene which many gay boys in Thailand do, and it's at least a change from my normal scene in Thailand. The only thing which allows me to enjoy Hollywood, since there is very little gay eye candy, is the live band and dancer segments, the same hip-hop & DJ tunes every time we went there i found to be boring. By the time the old DJ really got going after the live band when most are drunk, he could play the Birdy Song and get an over-the-top reaction. Maybe that's changed a bit with the Asian/Stardice crowd colmx?

DaveMan for 12 out of 15 nights? and somewhere else for the other 3, some going! not in your league nowadys, but it's actually something I do like about our crowd/circle in that not being hardline clubbers they can have a great time virtually anywhere, that gives me considerable flexibility as I like different venues each night with maybe one repeat during the 7-10 days in Pattaya. I'm a 'live music' supporter so any excuse for a band venue is ideal. Many live band clubs now mix in more DJ segments during the evening so that suits all.

Martin911.........is mc2-bali as far up as Mixx club at the end of walking St or further on? We have been to Mixx club which we found a bit boring but the bf cannot recall mc2. Always looking to try new places, on the last trip we did a Walking St club night, it was ok just as a people watching exercise, but exactly same tunes in every small club/bar, with same crowd type of farang & middle eastern men with thai girls. Lucifers was almost surreal......some farangs and thai girls dancing with a circle of leering middle eastern/indian men in cheap unmatching apparel with half empty beers, some with no drinks just standing around the edges staring! very weird, a bit creepy.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
    DaveMan for 12 out of 15 nights? and somewhere else for the other 3, some going! not in your league nowadys, but it's actually something I do like about our crowd/circle in that not being hardline clubbers they can have a great time virtually anywhere, that gives me considerable flexibility as I like different venues each night with maybe one repeat during the 7-10 days in Pattaya. I'm a 'live music' supporter so any excuse for a band venue is ideal. Many live band clubs now mix in more DJ segments during the evening so that suits all.
    We only hit Dave from 3-5/6... Before that we were either in TumnanChon, Pluang Mai, NAB, Idol or Hollywood... We usually like to hit dave for a Nightcap!

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
    Martin911.........is mc2-bali as far up as Mixx club at the end of walking St or further on?
    As far as I know MC2 Bali Hai is in teh same building as Mixx
    We never made it to Mixx... made it to Walking st and near there... but the Air hot us after getting out of Dave and we went hoem instead!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

All I can say is that Dave's isn't rocking. But, not much choice so we went there 2 times last week. The second time, I offered a Coyote boy a drink (big mistake) that cost me 400 baht. Are you kidding me? I haven't been in Pattaya that much, it might be normal, but I can tell you that Dave is not getting anymore of my business. Actually, Pattaya (gogo/gay scene) as a whole has lost all its charm for me and I'm saving my time for weekends in Bangkok.

I might have missed out by not going to Nab and I might give that a try next week...but I'm thinking that my best bet will be Bangkok.

May I mention that I can't login on this website when in Pattaya. I tried a proxy but that only helps me read the forum, I still can't post.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman
    Actually, Pattaya (gogo/gay scene) as a whole has lost all its charm for me and I'm saving my time for weekends in Bangkok.
    I on the contrary, like the Pattaya scene better (cheaper, easier to get around), and look forward to my next visit to Pattaya. Shall we swap places?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    Quote Originally Posted by vnman
    Actually, Pattaya (gogo/gay scene) as a whole has lost all its charm for me and I'm saving my time for weekends in Bangkok.
    I on the contrary, like the Pattaya scene better (cheaper, easier to get around), and look forward to my next visit to Pattaya. Shall we swap places?
    Hahaha Christian, I think you are under the impression that I'm comparing the gogo scene in Pattaya with the one in Bangkok. I'm actually comparing the Pattaya gogo scene with it self in recent times. It's definitely like you say, well, cheaper at least.

I was talking about a place like Dave and its ridiculous prices. I'd rather pick up a guy in DJ or GOD, paid or not.

I'm sorry to say that a trade is not in question :-) I do love Pattaya for many other things than boys.