Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VISA question . need answer before I depart

Liked

VISA question . need answer before I depart

Hi guys,
    I will be flying into Bangkok This Sunday with my US passport which will give me 30 days entry. I will get a job teaching which I will change my VISA to a year long.

QUESTION:

Do I need an exit air ticket within the 30 day period for when I enter Sunday? I have never been asked for one before on my holiday stays. My luggage does not say I will be
    staying an extended period, so won't raise suspicions. Any advice will be well taken.
    Thank You

Liked

Re: VISA question . need answer before I depart

The one, school, office, whom is giving you the job is responsable for getting you a visa.
    Workpermit is only 3000 baht per year, but you need the right VISA before you can get a work-permit.
    30 days tourist airport visa will NOT do.

They are giving you a visa/work-permit. THEY school, whomever are, need to take care of it.
    You need a non-immagrant at least 90 days, visa something.
    sorry, not sober now, maybe tomorrow, better info from me,
    but I am sure most people here agree, 30 day tourist visa no-no

1 thing is for sure a 30 day tourist visa will NOT get you anywhere.

Get your facts straight, before coming here.

GOOGLE, thailand visa work

you are teaching, you are working

Liked

Smooth legs...i think you missed the point.

Donald. I have entered Thailand on a one-way ticket and was not asked to prove the return.

You have 2 potential roadblocks. The airline taking you to Thailand may insist on seeing a proof of return...and of course Thai immigration might ask to see proof of return...or onward travel.

I would be more concerned about the airline and call them ahead of time to get some information. You can always indicate that you will be touring the region via ground transport, so you have not booked a return travel to your home yet. Probably work better with Thai immigration. An airline functionary is going to be more insistent.

Anyway, if you are really worried about it you can book a fully refundable return ticket (one way), then just cancel and refund it once you have entered Thailand. Assuming you have some room on a credit card to float the ticket for a week or so....

Liked

[quote="anonone"]

I would be more concerned about the airline and call them ahead of time to get some information.
    That is exactly the point. Thailand formally requires return ticket for anybody traveling to the country. In reality immigration never asks for return ticket but the airline is required to do so. E.g. United required return ticket for the flight from Chicago to BKK. Similarly, Malaysian airlines required the proof that I have a ticket
    for a flight out of Thailand (not a return ticket) for the flight from Singapore to BKK.

Liked

Hi Donald.
    It doesn't have to be a return ticket, just an onward one. I would buy the cheapest Air Asia ticket that flies out of Thailand, literally a few dollars. A few years ago Thai Airways asked to see my onward flight before they let me board the plane.

Liked

Anyway, if you are really worried about it you can book a fully refundable return ticket (one way), then just cancel and refund it once you have entered Thailand. Assuming you have some room on a credit card to float the ticket for a week or so....
    This does sound the safest, but.....
    I have just spent the last hour looking for a fully refundable ticket anywhere out of Thailand.
    If anyone knows of such a thing please let me know. Leaving in 3 days.
    Thanks

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal
    It doesn't have to be a return ticket, just an onward one. I would buy the cheapest Air Asia ticket that flies out of Thailand, literally a few dollars. A few years ago Thai Airways asked to see my onward flight before they let me board the plane.
    I agree with Arsenal that this is the best way. I would not contact the airline. That runs the risk of prompting them to investigate your paperwork.

Liked

I agree with SmoothLegs.

I got a Non-Immigrant Visa from the Thai embassy in Germany, then flew to Thailand without return ticket and then in Thailand, signed work contract and extended Visa to one year.

In your case, you might not get entry into Thailand without return ticket and if you can enter Thailand, you will not get a visa extension for one year, you will need to get a Non-Immigrant Visa from a Thai embassy outside of Thailand.

Liked

You can just pay for a cheap promotion AIr Asia ticket to KL . It will probably cost you 500 baht .

Youve already got an e-ticket havent you? Just change a few details including the booking reference print it out and bobs your uncle. By the way it must only be Western countries that bother enforcing this silly rule Ive travelled on lots of one-way tickets in Asia to and from Bangkok and noones ever checked I have a ticket out of the country.