Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP John Booth LMTU

Liked

RIP John Booth LMTU

Sawatdee Forum.....

I have just received word from a good Expat friend of mine who has been caring for LMTU,
    John Booth.... during his cancer illness.

John Booth passed away today in Thailand....Either on Thursday morning April 25, 2013
    or Friday morning April 26th in my friends home in Bangkok. I have asked for clarification of the date.

In his final days, weeks and most recent months, my Expat friend & his brother opened their Bangkok home to
    assist John in his cancer battle. Caring for him night and day. They did this as a humanitarian gesture.

I will post additional information if and as it becomes available for sharing.

John Booth, LMTU ...has passed.....May He Rest In Peace

tj

Tj

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: News on LMTU?

As has been my policy with all RIP announcements, memorials, funeral arrangements dates and times please note respectful comments only are welcome.

I am sorry to hear of his passing and wish him peace in his journey onward.

I have reactivated his account and given him the proper RIP Banner.

Liked

Re: News on LMTU?

[attachment=0:3ub9z1y3]LMTU.jpg[/attachment:3ub9z1y3]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

Re: RIP John Booth LMTU

I'm truly saddened about the passing of a man who had many friends and foes alike. I count myself as a friend and I'm quite ashamed that I ever doubted that LMTU was sick.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Rocket, stay well and don't feel sad about it. The "no news" on any board anywhere would have put doubt and question in anyone's mind and I am quite sure that you, and others alike would have been right there to assist him if in fact we understood that it was a fixable problem.

Maybe Jim or another of his friends will keep the board informed of any type of service or arrangements that they will have in Thailand or if it is private.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by travelerjim
    Expat friend of mine who has been caring for LMTU
    One of the things which stands out from TJs post is just how kind and human some individuals are in this cynical world of ours. Tj's Expat friend deserves much credit for taking on the responsibility of caring for another whose situation was so desperate no matter who that individual was.

Liked: 1

On my last trip 2012 to Pattaya i had the chance meeting of LMTU while sitting in my chair at the beach at Jim's place. It was a casual chat wherein he asked if I am on any of the message boards, I said i was and used the boards to get info for my trips and various helpful things of interest. He told me that he was John Booth,LMTU. I was pleased to meet him as his post I always read and chuckled to. He provided me with some fun stories and info which I absorbed with an inner smile.Hey what do i know? Fun conversation is ok by me.He spoke to some of the boys who came by who seemed to know him.That answered some of my silent questions. I found him to be easy to talk to and friendly enough. Of course his British accent was interesting to hear.
    That night I had the chance to go to Dave's place, the old Monty's which John had located for me. Ha, it was only around the corner from where I was staying. A buffet was being served and I took my seat>Soon others arrived and we are all seated at the same table and chatting and we all introduced each other.Sure enough the board forum info comes up and I volunteer that I had met LMTU on the beach and had a longish chat with you. Boy did the eyes roll and the stories come out then. Well I wont relate the stories as that is old hat and I can make up my own mind about things. In the long run..we don't live forever. After all John didnt look sick when I met him that day...but he is not here now. Think about it guys. Put the daggers away.

Bill from Boston USA

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

I will truly miss him.

RIP my friend.

On a good day in 2005.

Liked

I did not know LMTU, but I hope that he has finally found peace.

Liked

Sawatdee Forum Friends...

My Expat friend who took care of John in his final months...
    has informed me that funeral arrangements are pending...

I will post the details as they become known.

tj
    Tj