4 April. : My very good friend/pub crawling buddy came into town last night and we headed straight for Sunee. Had dinner at Up2You. On Soi VC, the bar that was shut down by authorities last month is still shuttered, but the one next door is doing well with a full stage of clearly legal aged guys. We got there a little after 8:00 and I thought that was a bit early for the straight boys sitting at the edge of the stage to be playing with themselves, but some customers must like it. My friend didnтАЩt find any of the guys attractive but I was interested in one. Still, it was early, so we decided to see what else was on offer. Had a drink at one of the nearby host bars, a place thatтАЩs best avoided if you see police trucks rolling down the soi.

Neither my friend nor I like the anatomical displays at certain table top or platform bars, so we didnтАЩt bother with them. At City Boys, one of the doormen was an exceptionally cute 18 year old. We went inside for a drink. Boys on stage nothing special so my friend went out to chat with the cute doorman who could not enter the bar since he was under 20тАж..but could be offed quite easily. The three of us went back to NiceBoys. The boy I had seen earlier was being firmly clenched by a very portly customer, so I was out of luck.

Came across a new boy who was hoping to report for work for the first time, but unfortunately I would have had to wait a few months before my hotel would be satisfied with the date on his ID. I was tired anyway after walking several rounds at Sunee. I dropped off the doorman and my friend at his place and returned to my hotel for a restful evening in the company of BBC and CNN.

5 April: Dinner at my hotel and then we were off to Sunee again. Had a drink at Up2You and my friend chatted up a very cute waiter, just to make sure the guy would still be around for a few more days and not going home for Songkran. Then back to NiceBoys, but тАЬmyтАЭ guy was not working so I was again out of luck. Tonight most of the guys looked like they had just been hired off the street. There were a few fems prancing around the stage.

We decided to check out City Boys again and IтАЩm very glad we did. #10 was dancing enthusiastically and I invited him to join me. Sweet guy, 20 yrs old from Roi Et. Back at the hotel he said he liked working at City Boys because most of the dancers were not on drugs, they were clean cut, pleasant individuals. He also thought the cashier and mamasan were very friendly, good people, and he was happy to be working there compared to the bars were he previously worked (тАЬdirty, drug addicted boysтАЭ).

IтАЩm a butterfly so I donтАЩt know if IтАЩll be returning to City Boys again this trip, but I would definitely recommend it to customers looking for really тАЬniceтАЭ boys.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you ask some people to spell тАЬPattayaтАЭ, the response is s-l-e-a-z-e. Sunee would get the same response, with тАУiest at the end. But itтАЩs all relative.

Yes, in some bars you can sit behind a screen or in an upstairs room and have a boy masturbate at your table. But there are, in the broader context of sex venues, more respectable places such as City Boys where the sex workers seem rather on the wholesome side, and thanks to the more rational hairstyles these days, almost reminiscent of those boys next door we always wished we had had.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 April: Made a few rounds of Sunee. Most of the host bars were quiet and the go-goтАЩs didnтАЩt seem busy. It will probably be the same during the remaining 4 days of my stay.

What I will take away from this trip is the feeling that there is no better place than Sunee when youтАЩre looking for someone in the 18-22 range to share your bed or youтАЩre looking for fellow punters to share a few drinks or a meal with you. Questionable activities make up a very small percentage of what goes on there. Mostly itтАЩs just friendly farang interacting with genuinely or professionally pleasant Thai guys.