List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: LMTU/John Booth owns Ting Tong? cancer?

Liked

Re: LMTU/John Booth owns Ting Tong? cancer?

Pardon me....
    but for LMTU asking for 100,000 British pounds ...
    or any amount of $$$ is IMHO ridiculous!

I have great empathy for LMTU and his plight... and the challenge now facing him.

However, there is NO doubt in my mind that he should fly back to the UK
    and seek medical care (regardless of the days weather)...under the UK National Health Service.

Regardless of the details, the National Health Plan will provide him care...upon his arrival into the UK.

IF poster "fountainhall" is reading this, quite possibly he can elaborate on this as we researched this a couple of years ago...
    when the subject arose regarding the UK National Health Plan system treating UK residents upon arrival at UK airport.

To stay in Thailand and seek money to pay and pay and pay for expensive, extended treatment if pure foolish.

I am sure his friends can come up with the one way ticket to the UK in a flash moment.
    I would be pleased...to contribute to the purchase by an independent third party of the one-way ticket.

Also, quite possibly, there is someone reading this posting which might have the frequent flier miles needed for
    a ONE-WAY ticket from BKK to the UK ??? and be willing to donate the miles for the flight ???

I wish him well...but I truly believe his medical care is best for him back home in UK.

Otherwise, hospice care is available here in Thailand at several Buddhist Temples.

Good luck LMTU in your battle with cancer...

tj
    Tj

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by travelerjim
    Pardon me....
    I must be missing something? He said what his treatment would cost, but he or no one on his behalf has outright asked for anything. :dontknow:
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

LMTU can go and buy himself a 1 way economy ticket & get repatriated for about ┬г600.

How much of that am I prepared to contribute? ┬г0.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    Quote Originally Posted by travelerjim
    Pardon me....

I must be missing something? He said what his treatment would cost, but he or no one on his behalf has outright asked for anything. :dontknow:
    Manforallseasons...

I wish not to split hairs about who said what or when..or inferred.
    LMTU is an adult and can choose his own destiny, within reason...as even
    the Thai government hospitals are going to ask for the $$$ and source of $$$ to pay the bill on admit.

The real issue is where LMTU should get medical care for his cancer...
    IMHO he should return to UK... the UK is in best position to care for him...
    vs paying from whatever sources ....many, many hundreds and hundreds of thousands of Thai baht.
    600,000 THB was mentioned by LMTU...some have said 100,000 British Pounds.

Suffice to say, I believe it will be a very costly care for LMTU to stay here in Thailand vs return to UK.
    There is a government hospital in Chonburi which specializes in cancer care...possibly he could access
    lower cost chemo care there. The Thais know about it...I believe the Queen or a Princess is very involved with it.

As the Thais often say though "Up to You LMTU".

Good Luck to You!

tj
    Tj

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Neal
    Don't you think the community has loaned without repayments enough?
    I couldn't agree more... Though I would call it more "charity" than "loan".

I feel sorry for his illness but no sympathy for his financial/logistical predicament. He knew exactly what he was doing by staying abroad without insurance or cash reserves for contingencies like this.

He went through the same thing when he struggled to fund treatment for his mouth/throat cancer illness a couple of years ago. So he's already been taught that lesson but decided he would prefer to burden others with charity for his own problems if it happened again - and it has.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    I must be missing something?
    You certainly are, a brain. You seem incapable of adding two plus two by the looks of it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

So there seems to be a clear pattern here...

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    Lmtu was infamous for scamming new farangs out of their money and would say anything to "borrow" money
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket
    He was having financial problems at the time and I gave him 8,000 baht to help him out....
    LMTU wanted to let me know that he needs 100,000 pounds to be repatriated and get hospital service.
    Quote Originally Posted by ainamor
    just ludicrous and reminiscent of JB's many scams. Once on that bandwagon then you can be assured that JB. Would forever be making further pleas for more money for spurious drugs and treatment until he had bled everyone dry
    And from people who've known him for many years...
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzone
    I get the impression someone is angling to get money (600,000) for "treatment"..
    Quote Originally Posted by ainamor
    why he would need 600,000baht to pay for treatment is beyond me, maybe he is confusing it with the legal case he lost that as left him facing considerable damages that he has been unable to pay... Sorry but having known John Booth for more than 25 years I do not believe a word of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    with compulsive liars you never know when they are telling the truth and not pulling some scam for pity or money...
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer
    a few years ago he made a series of posts on another board concerning a life-threatening throat condition, and his inability to pay for treatment... in the past few years he has written posts about his "salubrious (sic) mansion" in Bangkok. In conversations he has told people of his villa in Spain, and posted a photo of it on a gay message board...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

First I would like to say that I was in Villa Market one day and a nice man approached me and introduced himself as Manforallseasons. We spoke and seemed to have a nice friendly conversation.

That being said I also need to advise maforallseasons that a very close friend of LMTU contacted me via email and said it would be a very nice thing if Sawatdee Forum could have some fundraisers out in the community. I replied and said no. The email also said it would be nice if we coud throw a fund raiser on Sawatdee Foum board. I said this in a much earlier post. So maybe or maybe not LMTU mentioned it, maybe hinted at it, maybe someone mentioned he would try to suggest fundraisers to me, and maybe he never even said anything to LMTU and the man did this all on his own. I don't know, but someone emailed me and suggested I do all this.

With my physical problems which are not easy or pretty, I don't have the strength to do any of it and as I mentioned before, should I get much more sick it is going to cost me fortune, and very possibly after a few million baht I will need fundraisers and it would be nice if you all saved money for me! :gy:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And PS, if anyone would like to send money no, in advance for my hospital fund, well I would be happy to recieve it and promise not to splurge on any dinners at Mati Hari and Alois. I may splurge on a respite at the Shangri-la Bangkok. The massages, huge pool and buffets are all necessary for my mind being well don't ya know. :laughing3:

Liked

a very close friend of LMTU contacted me via email and said it would be a very nice thing if Sawatdee Forum could have some fundraisers out in the community. I replied and said no.
    I think it would be a better idea to hold a fund raiser for LMTU on the bitch board. :tongue1:

With my physical problems which are not easy or pretty, I don't have the strength to do any of it and as I mentioned before, should I get much more sick it is going to cost me fortune, and very possibly after a few million baht I will need fundraisers and it would be nice if you all saved money for me! And PS, if anyone would like to send money no, in advance for my hospital fund, well I would be happy to receive it and promise not to splurge on any dinners at Mati Hari and Alois. I may splurge on a respite at the Shangra-la Bangkok. The massages, huge pool and buffets are all necessary for my mind being well don't ya know. :laughing3:
    Does this mean I won't be able to ask you for a $100,000 loan to get me back to the USA for my medical marijuana treatments?