List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LMTU/John Booth owns Ting Tong? cancer?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

LMTU/John Booth owns Ting Tong? cancer?

This email was passed on to me from a reliable source who said he confirmed it with other people. The question remains does LMTU really own Ting Tong? Will Ting Tong and Bitch Board be closed permanently? He states he has prostrate cancer and all and supposedly it has been confirmed. Sounds for real but I don't know.

Re: Time to close it down?

by R and R on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:38 am

I know exactly what your going through, I have just come out of hospital in Bangkok where I have been having treatment for a horrendous painful back , I can let you into a scoop. For those who don't know I am LMTU before the news breaks I think I shall use your gentleman's forum to say I have not been able to buy medical insurance since I was 66 to expensive for me, I started to get chronic back pain a few months ago I went for tests to be told I has some broken vertebrae in
    My back I have recently having many tests to now be told I have prostrate cancer that has spread to the bones in my back and is slowly shutting down movement in both legs now one arm is affected.
    As I'm having so many lovely friends coming to visit me. The news will get out soon.

The pain is unbelievable I'm on The strongest pain killers you can buy at a pharmacy remember everything is done with cash , I have tried to get repatriated or have my treatment paid for but I'm afraid the British Consulate phoned me Friday to say I must tell you, under No circumstances do we repatriate any British citizens or pay for there treatment, so i said to him " so you let your citizens die, he said yes" it would seem only the Swedish government do that, so on Monday as I could not find 600,000 to start radiation I'm now stranded not knowing what to do next.
    Fortunately I have my long time lovers of 12 years talking good care of me in the picture here, with lots of love after 12 years its a great help so if any one knows of any answers let me know.

No don't come here if you have no insurance or are ill you will regret it.

As far as the board is concerned please hand it on to a new kid on the block as it the best run forum around.

Good luck with the future

LMTU

http://www.gaytingtong.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8643

Liked

Re: LMTU/John Booth owns Ting Tong? cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Neal
    This email was passed on to me from a reliable source who said he confirmed it with other people. The question remains does LMTU really own Ting Tong? Will Ting Tong and Bitch Board be closed permanently? He states he has prostrate cancer and all and supposedly it has been confirmed. Sounds for real but I don't know.
    Huh? This post is confusing. What is the relevance of email which has been passed on to you? The post is already on public display at GTT. Why not just advise that there is a post over at GTT by R&R(LMTU) which a 'source' of yours has confirmed the contents to be true.

The only real question which 'remains' is to why you think LMTU really owns GTT, where has that come from? There is certainly no mention of 'owning' GTT in the post. It is merely LMTU symathising with the GTT owner regarding back pain, as LMTU also has back pain...that's it! If you are referring to the bit at the end where LMTU says to 'pass the forum on to another' all he is doing is advising the owner of GTT what might be the best thing to do rather than close it down.

Also the owner of GTT is merely canvassing the membership to see if he should close GTT down, there is nothing at the moment to say that is delinitely going to happen as yet and certainly no connection to bitchboard.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

This was passed on regarding the original post above corrcting what was in LMTU's letter

"You're getting confused! Ting Tong is owned and moderated by Paul Burnet - aka Oogleman. I have met him last time he was in Pattaya. Here's the "whois" for the domain:

Registrant Contact:
    Togman Inc
    Paul F Burnett ()
    50 victoria st
    London, P sw1
    GB
    (the address is an accommodation address).

The post you copied and pasted is not from Paul, it's from LMTU answering a post on Paul's board. LMTU doesn't own Ting Tong, never has and almost certainly never will. Paul is back in the UK and in the hands of the National Health service. LMTU is stuck god knows where and suffering.

Liked

Do you have permission to post the personal details of another member,let alone he forum owner.

I think you are stretching your bounds as to what you can publish without a members permission.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As stated before it was an email and not a PM. The email was sent by John Booth and therefore it can be used. The other information is from public records.
    Whois information is public domain - not personal information

Go to http://www.whois.com/whois/ and type in any domain name and you can see who owns it.

(and you can copy and paste the above if you wish)

Liked

Call me heartless if you like but on first reading of the above I get the impression someone is angling to get money (600,000) for "treatment". I am not saying it is a scam but it might be and the money needed in reality may be just to finance other things. If he is from the UK and the tale really is kosher he simply goes back to that country and can get the treatment he needs on the NHS. Unnecessary to post a sob story on the web.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I would like to add this. I have also recieved confirmation that LMTU's story a sad story is very true. I do have a heart under this mean exterior but inside when things are really bad, well the heart comes out.

As I am told this is very true I am sorry for this man even beside what he has done during his time. I wish no ill on a person and my heart does go out to him and hope that with his prayers and honesty, he can get well. This being said, I have sent him an email telling him if he would like to make a genuine honest post, that he is welcome to and I know that no matter how many people may have ill feelings against the man, you too are saddened to hear this.

I would appreciate it if the posts that are made now are heartfelt and warming to a man that has the ability to read their best wishes and a recovery. I have reread the letter and I think for him to say this he knows that he will never recoupe his integrity if it is untrue, and that's why I have decided that I think it's true.

Peace be with you LMTU.

Liked

If, and it is a big if any of this is true all John Booth has to do is find the cost of a one way air ticket to the UK. Once there as he is a UK citizen he will be entitled to treatment on the National Health Service without charge.

A few years ago when LMTU developed theat 'cancer' he posted a similar thing on a sufferers support forum pleading poverty and that he was unable to find the cost of treatment.

So why he would need 600,000baht to pay for treatment is beyond me, maybe he is confusing it with the legal case he lost that as left him facing considerable damages that he has been unable to pay.

Sorry but having known John Booth for more than 25 years I do not believe a word of it.

Liked

LMTU.. 4 letters that can stir the emotions of people on message boards more than anything else...
    no i wouldnt wish cancer on him or anyone else ... i belive the thais would call it karma .. but i dont belive any of that rubbish ...
    ive never meet him, and only know him thru his ramblings on this and other boards... for me he comes across as a sad man who wants to be liked but doesnt know how to go about doing it.
    i dont surpose he meant much of what he said about anyone .. and was going with the flow.
    all in all to me he seemed fairly harmless . and i wish him all the best.

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by ainamor
    ... all John Booth has to do is find the cost of a one way air ticket to the UK. Once there as he is a UK citizen he will be entitled to treatment on the National Health Service without charge.
    Not true. This would only be the case if he had kept up his National Insurance contributions. If he has not then he will be treated by the NHS and charged for it until he has been resident in UK for six months.