Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scots Catholic Bishop + Spokesman say 'Be Gay, Die early'

Scots Catholic Bishop + Spokesman say 'Be Gay, Die early'

The Scottish Government has announced they will introduce legislation to enable same sex/equal marriage in participating Churches and all Registry Offices - whereas previously only "Civil Partnerships" have been permitted.

This comes after a ferociously bigoted campaign against it by the Catholic Church, Church of Scotland, Moslems etc - despite it being made clear to them that they can "opt-out" and they would not be forced to conduct same sex marriages.

The legislation is certain to pass as there is all-party support with a big majority in Parliament for it.

On the day that this was announced, it emerged that the Bishop of Paisley (soon to be the Archbishop of Glasgow) had blackened the name of a deceased gay MP/shadow Minister who died at the age of 44 from Acute Pancreatitis. The clear insinuation from the Bishop was that he died because he was a "practising homosexual" and as such his physical and mental health was in danger! There is added irony in that the deceased politician was an ex-roman catholic priest!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-18996913

But it gets worse - in an effort to calm the ensuing furore, the Catholic church put a spokesman up on live TV - who then proceeded to dig the Church into an even bigger hole by declaring that "Gay behaviour leads to early death...and gay people will die 10-20 yrs early":

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/112513-g...kesman-claims/

Uproar has ensued with this story leading the national news for 2 or 3 nights running - the latest development is that the Bishop has apologised "if anybody took offence" (in other words not an apology at all - he is maintaining the slur and is only apologising that some people took offence). The deceased politician's partner isn't letting this lie and has demanded a public apology and the Bishop's resignation. In response the Bishop has offered to meet the deceased politician's partner "in private" after slandering the MP in public.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/07...6908-23913170/

This is going to run for a while yet!

:occasion9:

Liked

Re: Scots Catholic Bishop + Spokesman say 'Be Gay, Die early

Gay behaviour leads to early death...and gay people will die 10-20 yrs early
    And I thought, only US politicians say such things.

Just an update - the Catholic Bishop shooting his mouth off about the alleged gay conspiracy of silence over how being gay will kill you , has now been discovered to have hushed up homosexual behaviour within the Clergy.

"THE present and incoming archbishops of Glasgow were dragged into a fresh row over the Roman Catholic Church and homosexuality last night, after it emerged the former head of the college which trains Scots priests in Rome was allowed to keep his parish despite a drunken homosexual incident deemed "totally unworthy of a priest".

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/h...ances.18276120

arty

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    "THE present and incoming archbishops of Glasgow were dragged into a fresh row over the Roman Catholic Church and homosexuality last night, after it emerged the former head of the college which trains Scots priests in Rome was allowed to keep his parish despite a drunken homosexual incident deemed "totally unworthy of a priest".
    Why are you surprised? This is the same group that did and continues to cover up massive child abuse by priest. I give the USA credit in that we have started to send them to jail for this.

http://www.news.com.au/world/catholic-m ... 6434394675

Now if the Italians would only do the same for Ratzinger.......... :dontknow:

Khor tose, you misunderstand me - I'm not surprised in the least, I'm just pointing out the irony.

On a slightly lighter note it was great to see three Protestant Ministers, wearing full clerical garb walking in support of Gay people in the Pride Parade in Belfast yesterday - that was a first ! And even more important as there was the usual Free Presbyterian protest held along the route as well, but great to see at least someone from " the church" saying it's ok to be gay and religious if that's your preference! Long may it continue.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Got to say... Reading some of the things this bishop's quoted as saying in the articles makes me wonder what f*cking planet he's on!

As for the Catholic Church covering up and even knowingly enabling abuse... it's just utterly disgusting.

I've read of there being a fair bit of pressure on this organisation in Europe and the US. Now the momentum is building in Australia and there's some pretty terrible stuff coming out in the press all the time. I hope it leads to a meaningful outcome.

I try to be tolerant of people's religious beliefs in person, but it's getting to the point when being Catholic is almost offensive. I mean, in my mind, when someone declares themselves to be Catholic, I almost liken it to them declaring themselves to be....deleted

I think you're being a little harsh on the KKK

The latest act of the Catholic Church in Scotland is that now the Scottish Govt has bravely and rightly ignored the concerted homophobic campaign mobilised to flood the Same Sex Marriage consultation, the leader of Scotland AND the UK's catholics - Cardinal Keith O'Brien - has gone in a sulk and says he will now refuse to talk to the Govt.

Included in his repertoire are gems such as:
    Describing gays as "captives of sexual aberrations"
    Describing embryo research as "Frankenstein experiments"which would lead to "human/animal hybrids"
    Describing Same-Sex marriage as "akin to legalising slavery" a тАЬgrotesque subversion" which would inevitably lead to "three-way marriages"

Now that he refuses to talk to Govt., if he could stretch to shutting his Clerical Cakehole altogether, I might start to believe in God after all.

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php...comment-169624

And especially for my pal lexusgs - http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/da...-keith-obrien/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    I think you're being a little harsh on the KKK
    Sorry... would the deleted be a closer match? Maybe something in between.