Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Game of Thrones

Liked

Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones returns soon for its third series.

It's about various characters with huge egos vying for power and influence. Characters come and go, others are killed off or their ability to influence events wanes. Alliances are formed and then disintergrate as their natural antipathy comes to the fore and they find their position threatened. Some of the characters are bruisers and attack their foes with clubs, swords and sometimes whole armies. Others are more subtle and use stealth or a little word here and there to the right person at the right time. Nobody is safe, nobody fully trusts anyone else. nobody knows the full story.

So it's just like the members on the various boards squabling over the ether then, isn't it? Very entertaining but untimately completely make believe.

Scottish Guy and Neal were enemies for a long time. Then Neal took over the Kingdom and SG feared assassination. An uneasy alliance was formed and eventually Neal agreed to hand over his Kingdom. However Neal disapproved of how SG was running things, terrorising the population and decapitating anyone who disagreed with his policies. So, Neal retook his Kingdom and SG has retreated to another land to mount sporadic guerilla attacks from the safety of his exile. But if his new hosts find themselves wearying of the trouble he brings to their formerly peaceful land he may find himself with nowhere to go as his feud with Gaybutton is also well documented and besides counter insurgents are not permitted there as it is an Absolute Monarchy.
    Meanwhile King Neal has launched a full scale attack on SG assisted by two flunkies Timberty and Zebedee who have been graciously allowed back into the Kingdom provided they do as they are told.

As I say. Very entertaining.

Liked

Re: Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones starts on cable TV in Australia next Monday 1 April. I had not heard of the series prior to this, and would be interested in seeing the older versions.

As it clashes with a other shows that I watch, it is great to record it and watch it later.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Hmm тАж I wondered where you were going with the topic arsenal, but it soon became obvious. A very good analogy and very apt in my opinion. And each episode seems to end with a cliffhanger тАж who knows where the storyline will take us. The plot thickens as they say.

I never caught the first series of Game of Thrones when it was broadcast in the UK, but read some good reviews. A few weeks ago I bought a copy of the first series at a DVD stall on Silom Road, in Bangkok. I think IтАЩve watched 2 or 3 episodes so far. I havenтАЩt quite got into it yet, perhaps I need to persist to see if things start to fall into place. At the moment it all seems rather confusing.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal

As I say. Very entertaining.
    :sign5: LIKE

Liked

all very whitty arsenal, but a few lies of your own thrown in leave it a bit flaky .. i.e i've not been told to do anything, other than like the rest, kinda stick to the rules.
    tho i think for poor ole scotty his time may be running thin, hes on a island now where accepted by very few, and liked by even less.
    the day he left here was the end of his universe, now he battles to try to build another, but in the same clothes he wore from his time over here has made it next to impossible. it will be interesting to watch him as he withers and dies, and also rather funny too im sure, the queen is dead, hard luck the queen.
    sorry if i didnt do as good a job as you, i dont watch kids t.v.

Liked

LonelyWombat, Do not attempt to watch the new Season without watching the first two seasons first. You will be hopelessly lost (unless you read the books). Fantastic Books and Show!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ROFL... Brilliant, Arsenal.

Now do us an analogy around Gaybutton LOL.

Liked

Former King Neal (who trained at The Kim Jong Il School of Personality Cultism) sold the land to Surfcrest who initially promised almost complete freedom to the populace but has since made gentle but noteable observations about some order being necessary. He also dragged the old warhorse Jinks out of his retirement to act as temporary bodyguard and do some of King Surfcrest's dirty work. Was this wise? Jinks lives mainly in the dark shadows these days and has the ability to slip in and out of all the lands virtually unnoticed. He would have made a fine spy. But, where is Northern Irish? He too glides between the Kingdoms, welcome anywhere and everywhere. Where does his allegience lie?
    Like many a former Emperor who has been dethroned (albeit with a chestful of dubloons) Ex King Neal is angry at...well almost everyone. He is screaming abuse at the new King on SGT while at the same time making friends with the Shah of Gaybutton himself by inviting him to this wonderful new holiday paradise. This was done by wearing a superbly cunning disguise but a sharp eyed subject rudely pulled off his hornrimmed glasses and false beard.
    The rest of the nobles are furious about the duplicitous nature of their former dictator and are attacking him with the very latest verbal weapons. State of the art wordy warfare equipment such as....You said....I never said...I quote...You didn't say...Don't tell lies... and some are using the chemical weapons of Messageboardlandom...BIG CAPITAL LETTERS, often in shockingly garish colours.
    Some of the nobles ocassionally stop attacking landless and almost friendless Neal just to start a mini war with another lord who they hate just a little bit more. This is perhaps the bitterest and most vengeful war that Messageboardland has ever witnissed and I suspect that the anger and bitterness will drag on for years.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T STOP>

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Most entertaining arsenal, I missed this first time around. Bring back m'lord Persie.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

How can a thread that is about the gay Thailand forums, be not relevant to the Gay Thailand forum, and be shuffled off to Global?!!!