Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are your favorite people-watching spots in THAILAND

Liked

Re: Where are your favorite people-watching spots in THAILAN

Quote Originally Posted by Neal
    ...... when I used to be able to sit out half the night people watching I really enjoyed the terrace at The Ambiance.
    It's fun to reminisce about the good old days. BBB had a huge amount of boys and watching them come to work, and then later take their breaks and eat at the street vendors.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    Another new found favorite for me is the Olympic Club, a fitness center located on the 8th floor of the Pathumwan Princess Hotel, above MBK and next door to the National Stadium.
    Thanks for the information. Their website http://www.theolympic-club.com/?language=en has no information about price for single entry (I don't want a membership), how much did you pay or is it free for hotel guests? One important information I need: are the running machines facing the wall or the room (because I do some running, and in Chakran sauna the point to the wall, so I have difficulty seeing what is happening).

Another important information is the dress code in the gym. Obviously, I prefer shirtless.

Liked

There's a coffee place near Sala Deang BTS in Bangkok, called I think Coffee Boy. I love drinking one of their iced coffees inside and watching the street scene on silom.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    Another new found favorite for me is the Olympic Club, a fitness center located on the 8th floor of the Pathumwan Princess Hotel, above MBK and next door to the National Stadium.
    Another important information is the dress code in the gym. Obviously, I prefer shirtless.
    First, just a point in respect to the "correct english" thread, the use of the word "obviously" insinuates that the person(s) you are communicating with know this already and may even suggest that they are idiots. When my Chinese partner incorrectly uses "obviously", I always finish his sentence after obviously with; "you idiot" (in speaking to me) so that he learns to use the word more appropriately in his dialogue.

The drop in fee for the Olympic Club is 642 Baht. This also entitles you to use the 25 meter pool, also located on the 8th floor outdoor deck and a perfect place to get a little sun. The pool is stunning at night, totally lit in blue lighting. There are also two jacuzzis. The Club is open on the weekends 6:00 - 22:30 and until 23:00 during the weekdays. The pool is open until. 10:30 PM all days.

The walls of the gym are almost all glass. There are a few Elyptical Fitness machines that face out, but two full rows of these, bikes and tread mills face forward toward the rest of the facility. Moving forward, the next area in contains the lower body machines and the next area in has all of the upper body equipment. There are change rooms with lockers, showers, a sauna, a steam room and there is also is a separate facility for badminton, squash, two artificial grass tennis courts, a running track, basketball court although some of these facilities are extra and require a booking and perhaps an additional fee. I couldn't imagine playing tennis in this heat.

I did not ask about your shirtless inquiry as I see no members here shirtless and have found with virtually all formal fitness facilities in Thailand that working out without a shirt, especially in an air conditioned environment to be inappropriate. Perhaps going shirtless a the public outdoor gym in Lumpini Park would be okay, but not here.

I am not paying to use the Olympic Club as I am a guest of the hotel this week. I am in the pool every morning from 07:00 - 08:30 AM, and am quite often lounging around the pool in the late afternoon, sometimes having another swim or enjoying a cold drink. I'm also at the gym in the evening, sometime between 19:00 and 21:00. I see quite a few gay couples at the hotel, but they appear suspiciously like flight attendants.....whom I detest almost as much as English Teachers. Haha
    If you plan on coming in this week while I'm here, come on over and say "hi"....I'm only really pompous to trailer park trash.....like timberty.

Surfcrest

I have also noticed the outdoor track beside in the National Stadium Complex and beside the pool to be packed with runners in the early morning until the sun rises. Also, the National Stadium pool is very quiet when the sun is directly overhead, but quite busy in the evening. I hope this helps!

Liked

Just a correction to the above post;

The cardio equipment is lined up in 4 rows and each row faces out to mirrored walls only allowing you to see the row behind you and your own backside...nothing further. All the mirrors and glass give you the illusion of being able to see the weight rooms or the other rows of cardio equipment. There are also flat screen TV's on each pice of cardio equipment.

Surfcrest

Forum's veteran
    Liked

surfcrest, the natuional stadium, is that on Rama1 road? where the pool is concerned can you rent a locker to store your stuff?

Liked

Yes, behind the Nimitbut Building and pool entrance in the Rama 1 side.
    Right below the National Stadium BTS Station
    100 baht includes a key for the locker.

Surfcrest

Liked

First, just a point in respect to the "correct english" thread, the use of the word "obviously" insinuates that the person(s) you are communicating with know this already and may even suggest tht they are idiots. When my Chinese partner incorrectly uses "obviously", I always finish his sentence after obviously with; "you idiot" (in speaking to me) so that he learns to use the word more appropriately in his dialogue.

The drop in fee for the Olympic Club is 642 Baht.

I did not ask about your shirtless inquiry as I see no members here shirtless and have found with virtually all formal fitness facilities in Thailand that working out without a shirt, especially in an air conditioned environment to be inappropriate.
    I agree that "obviously" is a filler, I use it with the meaning "you know why" or "don't you as well?" or "wink, wink, nudge, nudge".

The drop in fee is a bit high (or rather I can imagine better uses for 642 Baht). My interest drops considerably if everyone is in shirts (in gay saunas, many customers use the gym shirtless).

Liked

The Olympic Club sounds like a promising place to look at some attractive guys.

One of my favorite places to see attractive guys is the Fitness First gym at Q House Lumphini on Sathorn Road. It's a great gym although it doesn't have a pool or tennis courts. You see a lot of gay Thai and resident farang working out here at lunchtime and after work. Most of these guys work in the offices in the area and are quite friendly. The steam room is also very nice and some guys linger around there. The steady stream of attractive fit guys does wonders to keep me motivated and in the gym.

I also enjoy people watching at Suvarnabhumi Airport. You see lots of attractive and interesting people wandering around there. It's probably not a great place to meet people though since everyone is just passing through.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    The drop in fee is a bit high (or rather I can imagine better uses for 642 Baht). My interest drops considerably if everyone is in shirts (in gay saunas, many customers use the gym shirtless).
    I think you will probably meet the same type of guys, if not literally the same guys at the gay sauna....each and every time.
    If you are looking for a favorite people watching spot, as per say...you may need to branch out from both the gay saunas and possibly whatever gay scene is out there.
    Expanding the scope allows you to watch and possibly connect with gay or bi guys outside of that and so a gym can be an ideal location to get things going, especially since we are also meeting up when we both may be nude...or just cruising each other in the mirrors. I'm sure you may find the same thing at any gym outside of the gay saunas.
    You need to consider that just because they are gay or bi or whatever...doesn't mean they are out...and going to the gym might be as far as they've had to go to meet other guys.
    Combine that with the fact that these boys can already afford a membership and if things take off...you might find yourself not paying the bill every time...saving you back your 642 baht entrance fee.
    I know, back home...that I'm probably not going to meet the best possible guy at the sauna...and so I imagine the same holds true elsewhere and including Thailand.

Even the BTS or the MRT is an excellent spot for cruising and connecting. It doesn't take more than just a smile or a wink after the initial eye contact to get things started.
    You get off at his stop or visa versa....wait for him to come to you...if it doesn't happen get back on the train....if it does; go for a drink / a little food together...or jump right in the sack.

Surfcrest