Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your favourite local restaurant

Liked

Re: Your favourite local restaurant

When I am on holiday I tend to like to indulge myself; Top end try; Cafe des Amis; beautiful thai/international restaurant set in a bali style house. Eat indoors or in small garden setting. Extremely professional attitude to fine dining but relaxed atmosphere, superbly cooked food and great choice of wines. I love their rack of lamb, cooked pink to perfection. Second, Mata Hari, been around along time and still top notch. Wonderful restaurant, great service and Foie Gras to die for. I have taken my thai BF their on many occasions and these are the two places he will choose off the international menu rather than stick to Thai. I love helping him try new foods. He and I love red wine.
    For everyday the best little cafe without a shadow of a doubt is the Bake and Brew Cafe. Well patronised by local ex-pats in the know and discerning visitors. Does some of the best thai food I have eaten and designed for both the local and western palette. Wonderful friendly staff. Food loyalty card. Easy parking, clean, fresh and comfortable small outdoor terrace as well. Free wifi. If I ever owned an eating establishment in Thailand this would be it. By the way the wife of the owner, both thai, does homemade cakes as well. And right next door to the best local massage, proper thai, and foot massages. 100 baht for one hour, you will not better. Also try the Food Loft in Central Shopping Mall, it's like a glorified food hall but food from all nations. Great views across the bay from the terrace. There are many others I can name. Eating out is one of my pleasures in life and I try new restaurants every time I come to Pattaya. Some of the hotels like the Hilton have superb eating establishments.

Liked

Where is bake and brew ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have heard a lot about this restaurant AuBon Coin from some fussy people. Not easy to find and this Russian restaurant Asiana just a few builings away. Both get great reviews from people. One day. Joe! Maybe we can go together. I hate eating alone. :crybaby:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sorry Francois, you can come also. In fact if there are some other people who are interested that can give at least a 7 day notice and not on a Tuesdy, Thursday or Saturday night, just send me a PM. Let's get together!

Liked

Merci, Neal.

Liked

There is also Sugar Hut which is about half way to Jomtien from Pattaya. Exceptional setting and ambiance. The food may not match the encompassment but for a romantic evening it can't be matched. Prices are higher but not outrageous. Perhaps one could consider it the Thai equivalent of Cafe des Ami or similar to Cabbages and Condoms (Thai).

http://www.sugar-hut.com/restaurant.html
    Attached Images Attached Images