Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite local restaurant

Liked

Your favourite local restaurant

I should be very interested to know of the favourite restaurant of members, considering the following prerequisites:

1. Central Pattaya (not Jomtien, as I seldom go there.)
    2. Little evidence of poor hygiene or food poisoning. In other words a very good chance we will survive the visit unscathed!
    3. Excellent value
    4. European menu (as well as Asian)
    5. Excellent preparation and ingredients.

Finally, I am looking for a reasonably priced venue for excellent steaks.

My most important consideration? Cleanliness and hygiene.

Thank you.

Liked

Re: Your favourite local restaurant

harry; can you give us your definition of Central Pattaya? That would help to narrow down recommendations. Beach Road and Second Rd from South Pattaya Rd to Central Road???

Liked

Yes, indeed any of those locations, including Sunee and Soi Day-Night areas.

Liked

Oh, Day Night Plaza! Easy, go to Bordeaux although not necessarily for their steaks but it meets your other prerequisites.

For steaks at a good value, there is Enjoy Andre on the way to Jomtien about half way max between Pattaya and Jomtien and easy by Baht Bus or Motorbike.

http://www.enjoy-andre.be/restaurant.html

My Thai bf's fav restaurant, with European menu, in Central area is Cherry's which has a special menu each day of the week. Not an intimate setting but good and reasonable prices. You will need to go by car,taxi,motorbike.

http://www.cherrys-restaurant-pattaya.com/

Liked

The steak side has been covered but might I suggest S&P in Tukcom South Rd entrance . Coffee cakes yes, but also main meals.

I often go there as it is air conditioned, I like the meals and the boys are watchable. However as they are trainees, this week might be different to next weeks

Call in for a coffee and they will give you the main menu to choose from.

Clean and spotless, excellent service I am sure you will return.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Thank you, Francois.

Yes, I will be certainly be trying Bordeaux again: enjoyed it last time I was in Pats. They once had curry-flavoured vol-au-vents as a starter and a very good fillet steak. Do you know if they still do them?

Liked

Yes, they are still available.

Liked

My boyfriend and I always enjoy Cucumber (opposite Tuc Com) for our Thai food. He enjoys the Thai sea-bass specialities in particular- there are also Western versions available. Dinner for two (generous portions) comes to about 600 baht before drinks. It seems to have a predominantly straight clientele (there's also a small hotel there, recommended on Trip Advisor). The staff welcome us warmly.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver
    My boyfriend and I always enjoy Cucumber (opposite Tuc Com) for our Thai food. He enjoys the Thai sea-bass specialities in particular- there are also Western versions available. Dinner for two (generous portions) comes to about 600 baht before drinks. It seems to have a predominantly straight clientele (there's also a small hotel there, recommended on Trip Advisor). The staff welcome us warmly.
    My last visit there I got their so called "special" a soft shell crab stir fried curry dish. It was atrociously poor. The crab was clearly from the freezer a long time and it basically was a big soggy mess on the plate. I mentioned to the server that the food was awful and she gave me a look, yes it is, what did you expect at a tourist restaurant like this, you silly farang. Yes I am well aware of what soft shell crab is supposed to taste like.
    Cunt Pride!

Liked

Last time I mentioned this one, I got a lot of fluff from a few of the members here but in Thailand I quite enjoy MK restaurants....a chain that specializes in hot pot. Now this is one that both westerners and Thais can enjoy and involves more interaction with your date(s) because rather than just sitting there and eating, you both or all are participating in the experience. This makes it a little more fun and can stimulate more conversation, even if it is gestures or humor when there is some gap with languages between yourselves.

The food isn't necessarily western nor is it Thai. When I'm in Hong Kong, hot pot has always been a staple favorite, but it isn't necessarily Chinese either. Add this to the fact that in Thailand, the prices are really quite reasonable compared to hot pot elsewhere in the world and the food is actually quite good for you, leaving you feeling good after the meal.

M K Restaurants are everywhere in both Pattaya and Bangkok. It's been a few years since I've been to Phuket or Chiang Mai, but you may find them there and in other locales throughout the Kingdom. If you are worried about not knowing what you are doing, I've seen plenty of examples of their staff providing a helping hand. If you check out the one in Central Festival in Pattaya, you may get a dance from the staff during your meal.

Surfcrest