Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ambiance Hotel in the Heart of it All

Liked

Re: Ambiance Hotel in the Heart of it All

Maxxy we will all join on the terrace for a drink and watch the boys go buy followed by parties of curious Chinese, Korean and I think Japanese who appear not to believe their eyes. Then a party of mixed gender Russians who appear to disdain everyone in BT and then finger point at people and comment in Russian and try to enter Funny Boys or Toy Boys but without wanting to buy drinks. Not that I am prejudice or anything.

Liked

The crocodiles of bewildered Koreans have been a feature of Boyztown for a decade- but are much rarer than they used to be.
    I didn't see any mixed gender groups when I was there in January and February....certainly not at Ambiance. I saw a couple of bar girls collecting their ID cards. I didn't mind.

Liked

Yes, I also ran into some bar girls waiting for the lift, but as we are all playing the same game, it didn't bother me.
    I would have been more concerned had it been a hetero couple.

I've run into lots of Koreans and Chinese guys in Pattaya, but very few Japanese guys. I think they stay in BKK because they prefer the sex shows. They tend to be with their boyfriends/girlfriends and I've never seen one leave a bar with a boy.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver
    Correct; there is no problem with noise. The parties were a "one-off"...or rather a "three-off" and the only effect they've had on me is to persuade me to keep away in January.
    Exactly. I like to decide when to sleep myself.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I recommend the Ambiance 110%.

I won't stay anywhere else when in Pattaya. Not even the Hilton....

I send all my best friends to stay there too. I tell them, that's the only place to be.

The quality of the rooms, the service, the attention to detail, and when you have a special request or a special need --- no matter how seemingly strange --- they jump to serve you and they complete the task with excellence. The fact that the food is also the best, is just the icing on the cake. We can't find anyplace in anywhere near the price-range that has better Western AND Thai food.

Micheal and Marcus are the best. On my last trip there, I told the owner that he has two gems in Michael and Marcus, the managers.

Nothing against the other places, really... But Ambiance raises the bar when it comes to quality, service, attention to detail, and value for the dollar.
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

I have stayed there a few times but there are better places.last time I noticed there were straight couples staying there which surprised me.Prefer LCR.

Liked

Bruce, you just about said it all.
    I won't stay any where else now when in Pattaya.

Liked

Well there certainly are a lot of Ambiance fans posting here. There is a lot of positive things to say about the Ambiance and especially if they want to be in the heart of the action. I have stayed at Ambiance many many times over the years but not recently as I have retired here. In those days there were not many options for the gay traveler, unlike today. But to mention the Hilton and the Ambiance in the same breath?... not hardly. The Ambiance is what it is, a cozy 3* star hotel in the heart of BT for people traveling on a budget. Very small rooms which is a problem since I am not a petite person, no carpeting in rooms or hallways so sound is transmitted easily and that doesn't count the noise coming from the club until 1-2 in the morning. Then there is the hallway noise from people being inconsiderate, slamming doors, talking loudly, etc. at all hours of the night. One reason I stopped staying there, no smoking rooms. My room reaked with smoke even though I asked for non-smoking. I suggest people might try someplace different like the Mosaic just to get out of their rut.

Liked

i find it quite strange that someone who has visited pattaya on just 2 occasions is telling the world he has found the only place worth visiting ...
    surely you would need to visit the rest of the establishments before you become an expert ??

Liked

There are places much more worth visiting.
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay