Earlier this week I took some Thai friends to the Sanctuary of Truth in Naklua, just north of Pattaya.

This is one tourist attraction here that probably gets more press outside the Kingdom than in.

It is a hand carved temple built of wood in a beautiful setting on the seaside.
Yes, it is just a tourist attraction and a little out of the way if you don't have a car and a driver at your disposal....but a very worth while trip, especially if you are a photographer. This year I brought my photography equipment to re-photograph the temples in Bangkok that I did several years ago with my earlier SLR equipment. I hadn't expected to bring the big beast out for anything here in Pattaya other than the Sirachi Tiger Zoo and so was pleasantly unexpected by the stunning work they have done....and continue to do on The Sanctuary of Truth. The temple is stunning from the outside on a bright sunny day with the ocean in the background. This temple is all wood, elaborately carved and fit together like a jig saw puzzle, without any nails (Or so the say). Remember, they are still working on the structure and so expect to wear a hard had to go inside to see the carvers continuing their work.

The admission is 500 baht with options to do other touristy stuff like taking a boat ride or riding en elephant. I skipped all of that, opting to only marvel at the Temple.

Check out their website or google Sanctuary of Truth Images to see the place first, to reassure yourself that it's not just another temple.

http://www.sanctuaryoftruth.com

Surfcrest