Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Immigration and The Real Deal with this Bank Letter

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Immigration and The Real Deal with this Bank Letter

Today I had a discussion with a high ranking olice officer at the Pattaya Immigrtion to get the real scoop on the requirement for bringing in a bank letter because there has been so many conflicting stories on this and another forum.

Here is the real scoop.

If you are applying for the renewal of your retirement or retirement extention visa and you are bringing a notorized statement of income letter from your embassy,
    the letter from your bank is not required.

If you are applying for the renewal of your retirement or retirement extention visa and you have the required 800,000 baht in the bank you need to bring a copy of your bank passbook and the original bank pass book and the guarantee letter from the bank.

So at least for now that explains why some people need to bring the letter from the bank and some do not.

Liked

Re: Immigration and The Real Deal with this Bank Letter

The Pattaya City Expats Club has a documentation checklist for retirement extensions at http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com...achecklist.pdf. Although the linked document shows it was updated March 4, 2013 - for the very recent change in the validity period for the Embassy Income letter - it has had the following about the bank letter and passbook since April 2011:

7. Documentation of Meeting Financial Requirements

a. If using 800,000 Baht in a Thai Bank or a combination of bank balance and monthly income:

i. Original Letter from your Thai Bank certifying your account and showing your balance (the letter should be dated within the last 7 days тАУ most obtain the day before applying).
    1. If using 800,000 Baht+ to meet financial resources:
    a. First (Initial) Application - Needs to show funds have been on deposit at least 2 months before applying.
    b. Subsequent (renewal) Application тАУ Needs to show funds have been on deposit for at least 3 months before applying.

2. Using a combination of income and bank balance, no time requirement on how long funds should have been in bank. The monthly income shown in the Embassy letter x 12 months added to the bank balance should total 800,000 Baht or more (remember, exchange rates fluctuate, Immigration uses the rate in effect on the date of application).

ii. Photocopy of your bank passbook Identity page showing name and account number and page(s) showing funds on deposit for the required period if necessary тАУ see i.1. above.

b. IF you are using monthly income in total or in part to meet the financial requirements, an original тАЬEmbassy LetterтАЭ from your countryтАЩs embassy attesting to your monthly income. The letter should not be more than 90 days old. (Thai Immigration will use the exchange rate in effect on the date of application to convert the monthly income into Baht).
    and
    NOTE: As of April 2011, Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration discontinued their requirement for a bank letter and bank passbook copies for those using only the Embassy тАЬIncomeтАЭ letter.

Liked

Neal, did you get confirmation that the income letter must be dated within the 90 day window?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

They said that all they needed/wanted was the bank book, a copy of the bank book and the guarantee letter from the bank for renewals based on having the money in the bank. He stated that no other informaton was needed. No lease no proof of income, nothing. I renewed mine several months ago and all the papers were given back to me and they kept saying don't need this and this and this so I wanted to verify what they did and did not need as some people say that they need all these papers and some don't and I wanted to know exactly why.

Liked

OP: Glad you are trying to clarify this issue in your mind. On another thread I had clearly said that with the 800,000 in a bank account method the immigration letter was needed every year. You then pompously put your spoke into things by claiming:
    "The paying for and supplying the bank letter was discontinued close to 3/4 of a year ago" and then you further confused matters by saying the bank letter was not needed for renewals.
    In any event I am pleased to know what I correctly stated before is now confirmed from immigration.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I see no thread for you re immigration and this letter and as this has been a question for amogst people about th varying discussions I decided to get it right from immigration or do you work there? Please also watch flaming

Liked

Well, dear, it was under this thread:

would-you-pay-600b-off-fee-t28125.html

Around page 7.

I agree best to watch flaming..........................

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Buried in a thread about 600 baht offs on page 7? Well I guess that would have been easy to find. :evil4: Please keep your insults under wrap and everyone will get along.