Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matzo ball soup,who loves it?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Matzo ball soup,who loves it?

Oh and believe it or not I have taken off the web a pretty good stuffed cabbage reciepe and the Ambiance makes it for me when I want it. I order in advance a coupe of days and about 8 of them. I am sure my cook here could do it but he already does so many things to pack away for me for the week. He only works 4 hours a week.

Found a dynimite recipe for New York Cheesecake. So creamy and smoothe and he makes one for me sometimes. Today it was a strawberry cheesecake. Not this crap here that they whip up as a no bake

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I recall that a deli style restaurant opened in Boyztown a few years ago, with corned beef, pastrami etc.

It flopped apparently, so a matzo ball restaurant in Pattaya might have a tough time making it work.
    The former deli
    owner now makes excellent tasty pies and cakes which are available by the slice in Friendship Market on PattayaTai rd.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The fomer owner? And who was that?

If memory serves (and it might not): That would have been in 2011, Street Life Restaurant, Manager Richard, Owner Steve.

I recall very good chopped chicken liver and also good pastrami.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes but as Richard ran Amor into the ground he also helped with steve...yes I said with Steve... run Street Life in the ground. they never had Mazo Ball soup although it was a recomendation that they serve half sandwiiches with a cup of soup. It was the concoction of making a Corned beef sandwich wit a smear of chicken liver that grossed me out. Who in the heck ever heard of that? Its either a corned bee or corned beef pastrami sandwich or a chicken liver sandwich but not a combo. Well anyway I am still looking for someone who has made matzoball soup and hmade it with floaters.

I was also surprised by their combo sandwich. Having grown up in the NYC area, I had never heard of mixing corned beef with chopped chicken liver or mixing chopped liver with anything.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well I sent a good friend over cause he said he was not very hungry and said well you can pick up 1/2 sandwhich there. He came back madder than hell. I asked what was wrong and he said he tried to order 1/2 a chicken sandwich and Richard told him hat they ONLY SERVED pastrami or corned beef sandwiches cut 1/2.
    He ruined Amor and he helped ruin Street Life. Some people never learn

Liked

I think that Business could of succeeded,mind you the location wasn't very good was it,neither the name.

Not sure about Richard though,he was very friendly to me,in fact i could say he couldn't do enough for me.
    I think it was a combination of things re its downfall ,location,and prices too were near Western Prices as i recall,but I loved the corned beef sandwiches.

Wasnt there a place in Jomtien that opened? I will have to chexck the Jomtien deli out?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ichard was very friendly and that seemed to be one of hs problems. Many said he was too friendly and would not let them eat dinner in peace. He was friendly to me and I did not care about his hovering I just could not stand his constant rguing with me. "I will hve a slice of Key Lime Pie". We dont have key lime pie. I said, yes its right there on the menu. Really? You see key lime pie? I look again. Oh Lime Cream Cheese pie. Well yes we have tht. Richard you know what I meant.
    Richard I went buy and had dinner there last night. Oh really? Wht did you have? I had the stroganoff. Oh really? Did you hve the pork stroganoff, the beef, the chicken? Just say thank you aand stop! He was a pain. Yes it was in a difficult spot but it was near Steve with his New Orleans restaurant which he no longer owns,
    and a loction tht was very chep.Thats why he opened it there. The items were expensive becue they were the finest meats and cheeses which is not cheap and very healthy portions.

Yes there was on on Jomtien which did ok but failed because there were three owners and a falling out between the three.

Liked

Street Life deli food was sub-par.
    The Jomtien deli food was fantastic (and many felt overpriced). Sad about the Jomtien place closing.
    Cunt Pride!