Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matzo ball soup,who loves it?

Liked

Matzo ball soup,who loves it?

Where can I get good delicious Matzo Ball soup..........hadnt had it since my mother made it for me last time.......
    I heard there is a restaurant called "The Place" S oi Buckhao) but have never tried it..........anyone been there?

I love my soup with chicken broth and carrots and garlic,maybe a lot different than the way others have it,but it gets rid of any colds and nasty bugs.
    Anyone here good at making it?

Liked

Re: Matzo ball soup,who loves it?

Quote Originally Posted by sclivejames
    Where can I get good delicious Matzo Ball soup..........hadnt had it since my mother made it for me last time.......
    I heard there is a restaurant called "The Place" S oi Buckhao) but have never tried it..........anyone been there?

I love my soup with chicken broth and carrots and garlic,maybe a lot different than the way others have it,but it gets rid of any colds and nasty bugs.
    Anyone here good at making it?
    I am a Jew and have been to The Place several times. They have Israeli food -- middle eastern food. Hummus including topped w/ spicy meat very good, Baba ghanoush, Israeli Shakshuka (like huevos rancheros), homemade soups, meat and rice platters, etc. Oddly, no Falafel . They don't have typical foods associated with Ashkenazi Jews or American Jewish food. No New York deli type meals. They do have Sephardic style cholent on Saturday mornings, called hamin on the menu. No place in town is serving matzoh ball soup. The soups The Place does have includes bean, lentil, and chicken (no balls). Sorry.
    Cunt Pride!

Liked

No place in town is serving matzoh ball soup. Sorry.

mmmmmmmmmm I see.........maybe a business enterprise in this then?

Liked

No place in town is serving matzoh ball soup. Sorry.

mmmmmmmmmm I see.........maybe a business enterprise in this then?
    I think mostly western Jews (Israelis not so much) like this and not very many Jews in Thailand. Matzohs are sourced only from one place in Bangkok only during Passover season. Otherwise, there is no retail store in Thailand selling matzohs or matzoh meal for ball making.
    Cunt Pride!

Liked

sclivejames: As you are going back home to live with your mother perhaps she can make some for you when she has finished making up your room.

Will this be going on much longer?

Liked

I should also mention as this is a gay board that sometimes you will find some stunningly handsome and macho young Israelis eating at The Place. Not always but it keeps it interesting. I doubt they're off-able though, well, not usually.

Speaking of ethnic food and ethnic men, I do know that many gay Iranians holiday in Pattaya. They are often easy to identify on baht buses because they take care about the fashion of their eyebrows, a big cultural thing in Iran. I am wondering if there is a specific hangout for gay Iranians here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03009.html
    Cunt Pride!

Liked

Can't say im really into Iranian boys..........nor Arabic boys.

Liked

Can't say im really into Iranian boys..........nor Arabic boys.
    Forbidden fruit. I like to talk politics with them. Ha ha.
    Cunt Pride!

Liked

Do we have any other Jews on this board with the exception of myself and Narakmak? Hasidic or other ? lol

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And the owner of he board? :sign5:
    I make one hell of a chicken soup, well used to and now sit and watch as I have my cook do it so it is done to my specifications. I havent found a good matzoh ball recipe yet for floaters but the package inside Manishevitz matzoh ball soup is a floater mix. The soup sucks so all I do is use the ball mix. I would like to find a good recipe for floater balls pardon the pun!