Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: G-Circuit Songkran

Forum's veteran
    Liked

G-Circuit Songkran

It has been...7 years since I've been to a G-Circuit dance party. Just bought tickets for the 3 nights. Question: (if there is anyone on this forum that has been to these fun events) where does one keep their bags and such at the functions? (I forget) and the couple nights it is held at ZEN..is that at Central World? Any other suggestions? (Please don't need negative old queens comments on this top-- I am asking people that have been to a G-Circuit event :drug: .)

Re: G-Circuit Songkran

For the benefit of anyone else who had no idea what a G-Circuit is:

http://bk.asia-city.com/nightlife/news/ ... pril-12-14

Can you pay at the door to all the events ( and is it the same as the advance ticket price) or do they screw you over for a high last minute admission cost?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by NIrish Guy
    Can you pay at the door to all the events ( and is it the same as the advance ticket price) or do they screw you over for a high last minute admission cost?
    Yes, I am pretty sure you can pay at the door for each event seperately but (of course) the price will be a lot more. My bf and I couldn't decide what night so I decided, what the hell, we'll just get the "package deal". Right now the only way to get the tickets is buying for all three nights which is at a reduced price (that was until the 24th of Feb). Now the tickets have gone up a bit but will be more in April. I didn't know this but there is a two "tiered" price -one for Thais and the other for farangs-- so for the pool party his ticket was 300 baht less. (That was a nice surprise. I certainly want to see Thais at the G-circuit dance parties, not just muscle Mary Singaporeans and chubby bear Taiwanese.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Report on G Circuit Songkran dance party. My Thai bf and I attended Friday nights first G Circuit dance "party" and it was held at Zen, on the 8th floor. The place was totally packed and by 1am one could not move on the dance floor. Wall to wall hot, sweaty chiseled bodies may sound like a treat to ones testosterone but when there isn't enough airconditioning, and one keeps bumping into people that are coming and going being packed like sardines isn't fun. We skipped Saturday night and went to GOD instead then on Sunday we went to the closing G Circuit dance held at the Renasance Hotel,(thinking it would not be as crowded the last night). Well the area was smaller but again, so crowded that one couldn't even move. G Circuit (out of Singapore) certainly rakes in the money for this 3 day event. There were (my estimate) 2,000 ?? or more people packed in Zen's on the Friday night and it certainly was a fire hazard with only three elevators that brought one to the 8th floor. Most places would have a limit on the number of people in a room (but this is Thailand). The pool party on Sunday was great and not as crowded. I can remember when I went 8? years ago and it wasn't as crowded. Now it is a huge event for the boys from Taiwan, Hongkong, and Singapore...they come by the plane loads! My Thai bf and I (farang) felt like a minority since the majority were Chinese- 5555. Would I go again, no - not worth the money since there isn't enough room to enjoy ones self. Great place though to meet new friends and to people watch.

Liked

Thanks for your report. I was pondering to attend one of the parties, but the entry prices and not knowing if I would be able to get there dry detered me. Lucky one!

According to your description, it would not have been fun for me. Waiting more than one hour at Babylon Sauna (Songkran Foam Party) in wet clothes was enough, I will not repeat this.

It looks like I will shun all future Songran events, maybe the whole Sonkran festival, should I be in Thailand at that time.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well, it's a massive gay dance party so you're probably going to take your shirt off and stick it down the back of your shorts/pants and it will get a bit messy so you shouldn't expect to stay completely clean and dry.

Best to travel light (i.e. only bring a phone/wallet that fits inside your pants) and leave everything else in your hotel.

I agree with Thrillbill's review of the event. Lots of fun and definitely attend this at least once... But the second time around, the density of the crowd just gets tiring and makes it difficult to enjoy.

As usual, the Thais do not care about delivering a quality experience or ensuring crowd and fire safety... they're happy to compromise and give up anything just to make as much money immediately as possible.

Having said all that... If you are single, you should definitely go as the crowd is sooo flirty and you get hit on so much by hot guys from all different countries around Asia and everyone is traveling so staying in hotels and open to horny hook ups!