Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Clean Up

Re: The Clean Up

I must have been lucky - in 13 years I never saw any "gang of urchins" in Sunee.

Liked

Maybe not a gang but a "pack' might be more discriptive. Yes the urchins were there but now gone for the most part.

Liked

The only time I saw them to recognize them was maybe 10 years ago, when the alpha male with a club in hand and perhaps 15 years old was striding purposefully down the soi in front of Ood's bar , his minions strung out in a line behind him. Had they not been parading together I would not have recognized them for what they were.

Now that I think about it that may be a pack prior to the one that was disbanded a year or so ago.

Liked

Agreed. A 'pack' is a better collective noun. They could be quite intimidating. Glue was the problem before yaba; sent them all nuts!!

Liked

well at least they all used to stick together .. now its all for one and one for one ..
    as much as i dont want to see kids hanging around sunee or any other entertainment place .. lets not forget they are people also ... im sure given different circumstances they would all much rather be in the arms of a loving family ..
    sadly the world doesnt work like that ..
    far from wishing harm to come to any of these kids .. id much rather harm came to the people who abuse them ..

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by harry2
    Can we be assured that they have all gone for good?
    This being Thailand/Pattaya/sunee, I dont think anything can be assured by anyone. On my early evening strolls from Mosaik, Day/night to Colonial..soi VC? I did notice a few younger types hanging around that particular soi every night, but non-threatening, only hanging around in 3's and 4's, but definitely urchin-type early teens.

But in the streets around the sunee bars there was no sign of any hanging around or being encouraged to from what I could see over the last couple of weeks. However, in the bars there seems to be a bit of an upsurge in younger looking boys of what seems to me to be borderline legal age. I was there a few times over the last month or so, maybe more regular visitors to Sunee can confirm this or not but a couple of the beerbars with screens seem to have quite young guys working out of them, (sawatdee/Cu/opposite good boys?) also I noticed Tum Yum was open again, never a good sign and Micmy definitely had borderline legal aged boys dancing.

It's a pity these Thai-owned bars continue to employ dodgy-aged guys as Sunee was quite busy and very pleasant to visit, it's the only thing which lets it down. Some evenings it was very busy around sunee, infact on one night I think around 9th Feb there was a birthday party at AllofMe and there was a huge attendance with tables set out right across the soi to Don Plaza and the length of Allofme bar and the restaurant next door, so packed it was, motorcycles were unable to pass.....that was a plus! I will post a more detailed review/trip report on Bkk/Pattaya when time allows.

Liked

In my many visits to Sunee over the years I can not recall ever seeing "urchins" - except in some of the bars. I have not seen any young guys hanging around but that may be because I didn't go down any back streets - I was always walking down the streets with all the bars and I don't think "urchins" would have been tolerated there. They'd be bad for business.
    Also, even if they were there, they could not have gotten up to much mischief with so many people all around them.
    During the day I found the place totally deserted.

Newalaan2 wrote:
    It's a pity these Thai-owned bars continue to employ dodgy-aged guys
    Yes, I agree. But on a recent (last October, I think) foray into Niceboys, it was obvious that there is definitely a market for these type of boys - a HUGE market judging from the number of customers.

Very sad.

Liked

I have been contributing to the Pattaya Street Kids projects and I am aware that one of their big jobs they undertake, is with the Hauy Phong orphans and Street Kids homes

I was told this by Rotary members, who said this was a combined project by a number of local groups.

This is the report I received after Xmas

https://mail-attachment.googleuserconte ... &sads=vRuf

Another site for the same org.

http://pattayakids.blogspot.co.uk/
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

ah well done wombat .. i take it i can put you down for 10,000 baht when i run the pattaya marathon in aid of the PSK next year then... good man.

Liked

Just to clarify. Tom Yum has not re-opened. A new bar Cocktail Boys has opened where Tom Yum was located.
    On my visit every boy appeared to me to be well over the legal age and all of the more manly type.