The free meal goes for the Tuk Tuk driver as well. I always make sure he is eating for free everytime I have a meal. And I invite him to sit with me. That gives an opportunity to have a chat you can not have when driving. You can get to know him and the khmer way of life.

I have never had a guide on my tours. I have bought the latest guide book and try to prepare for my trip in advance. As I have made several visits now, I know where to spend most time and what to look for.

Inside the Angkor Park I always use a Tuk Tuk as I like the more natural "airconditioning" it gives you when driving. Going further away I would use the car just to save some time, but it is nice to go to the Roulous Group by Tuk Tuk.

I can fully recomend : Focusing on the Angkor Temples by Michel Petrochenko. It came on the market in 2011 and is now out in 2. edition. It is the most updated guide book you can get and it is very detailed in a way that makes you able to go on you own without missing the "must see" parts. 22USD.

If you want your tuk tuk driver to accompany you on site you just ask him to join as your guest. Then it is OK for him to go even if he is not licensed as a giude.

For a quick glance of the most important temples inside the Angkor Park 3 days is OK. I will recommend a 7 days trip to Siem Reap as it allows you go to the places further away: Kbal Spean, Beng Mealea, Bantaye Srei and one of the floating villages. You will also have time for a "look" at the night life which is not so "quiet" as you would think from only 3 nights.