Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: New alcohol control bill

Liked: 1

New alcohol control bill

"Total ban on alcohol promotion on the way A new bill to ban alcohol advertising completely and all forms of sales-promotion activities, including attractive uniformed waitresses, will go to a nationwide public hearing next month. A final draft has been drawn up of the Alcohol Consumption Control Bill, which will cover all aspects of the national control of alcohol consumption, said Dr Narong Sahamethapat, deputy director-general of the Disease Control Department.

The Bill took the Public Health Ministry a year to draft, he said. Narong said the next step was to conduct a series of public hearings next month in eight provinces, representing all regions of the country. Public comments, including from alcohol companies and advertising agencies, will be presented to the national committee on alcohol consumption control before the bill is forwarded to the Cabinet.

Public Health Minister Pinij Jarusombat chairs the committee.

Passing the law could take a long time, he said, given that the country had no functioning government. Apart from imposing a total ban on alcohol advertising and sales promotion, the draft bill also covers zoning areas where alcohol may be sold and days when sales are banned entirely. The bill is aimed at getting the nation to drink less, particularly young people."

Looks as if the Government want to farangs all homeless and sober?

I hope that my posts will be of use.

Re: New alcohol control bill

Quote Originally Posted by TeePee
    "Total ban on alcohol promotion on the way A new bill to ban alcohol advertising completely and all forms of sales-promotion activities, including attractive uniformed waitresses...
    Does that mean no more waitresses in black bras?
    But it's good news for the typical mamasan!...So long as they wear mu-mus...made of rice-sacks. (Like, that would happen.)

I'll never forget crawling out of my cocoon and hosting my first dinner party in years and going to the grocery store and getting STOPPED from buying beer for the evening at 3:30 pm. Luckily, I still had enough beer to make it through the night, but WOW, when I think of all that was saved by the alchohol control board by stopping me from buying beer between 2 and 5 pm!!!

Thailand makes less sense everytime someone gets some new law passed.

Liked

Ya Gotta Luv It!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArNolD
    " ... Thailand makes less sense everytime someone gets some new law passed ... "
    And just think ... the rules (and interpretation) will be completely different and unrecognizable at the next 7-11 down the block. And different once again at the one on Sukhumvit Soi 1, and then (going out of one's way) up on Petchburi Rd in a pinch . . . and and and: " ... wanna GoGo boy (to go ~ in a black bra) with those beers sir ...?" ( TiT!! )

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

**The bill is aimed at getting the nation to drink less**

More chance of me becoming next president lol