Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whatever happened to Silom store renovations

Liked

Re: Whatever happened to Silom store renovations

Quote Originally Posted by adman5000
    Thanks.
    McD's and status of Robinson's is still an open question for anyone to comment.

Mr. Bean- I was last in BKK Dec 2011-Jan 2012 but was unable to visit this season (and missing it terribly). Thank you for the info. :salute:
    McDonald's is open 24/7. Robinson's is closed with no published plans for that location.

Liked

Crush Fitness has replaced California Wow Silom. Only 2 floors, completely renovated, and all the good machines, dumbbells etc from California gym are there. Steam and sauna still not switch on but operational. Not many people yet but the number is growing slowly with quite few ex California members and some trainers working freelance. The entrance is now inside the building, there is a bank where California had its entrance. 1700Baht/month I think.

Liked

For anyone who misses the cheap foodcourt on the top floor of the old Silom Centre:here's an alternative-turn right as you leave the front entrance of the new Centre, take the first soi on the right (Soi Sala Daeng), walk 5 minutes until you come to a covered market on your left. The foodcourt there is jammed from midday onwards on weekdays-a good plate of food can be had from 30 baht. Large shared metal tables mean that you can chat to local office workers. For a cheap laundry service in the same area try Dad Laundry-keep walking past the foodcourt, turn left on to Soi Sala Daeng 1-the laundry is near the junction with Rama IV. It moved to this new location in February 2013. Only 30 baht per kilo wash, dry, fold; ready in 24 hours. They told me that ironing takes 3 days so I didn't bother with that.