Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health food in Thailand?

Health food in Thailand?

Does anybody know of a health food store in the Pattaya area? You know, a place where you can by organic foods, health supplements, herbal teas, whole grain breads ... that type of place?

The things I'm trying to find right now are: acidophilus and psyllium. I thought I had a spare jar of acidophilus, but found that I don't, so need some pretty soon. Most pharmacists I asked didn't know what it was, and the few that did said they weren't sure I would find it in Thailand. Optimist that I am, I'm sure I'll find it SOMEplace!

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't know of a western-style health foods place in BKK either. A few GNC stores, but with minimal stock and mainly GNC-branded stuff.

Re: Health food in Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by bkk gwm
    Actually, now that I think about it, I don't know of a western-style health foods place in BKK either. A few GNC stores, but with minimal stock and mainly GNC-branded stuff.
    I do love a good laugh on a Sunday evening to perk me up for the week ahead

There are some stores at MBK that carry alot of vitamins and supplements. There is small chance you might find what you need there. Of course, it would take hours of walking around to find out for sure.

It is true that some things we are used to are quite a challenge to find in Thailand. For example, I have mild rosacea, a skin reddening problem that white people get. I could never find the med for it and pharmacists were so crazy as to suggest that I put athletes foot cream on my face!

Quote Originally Posted by Thaiquila
    For example, I have mild rosacea, a skin reddening problem that white people get. I could never find the med for it and pharmacists were so crazy as to suggest that I put athletes foot cream on my face!
    Maybe they read these boards and realise just how often you manage to put your foot in your mouth :albino:

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty But Nice
    For example, I have mild rosacea, a skin reddening problem that white people get. I could never find the med for it and pharmacists were so crazy as to suggest that I put athletes foot cream on my face!
    Maybe they read these boards and realise just how often you manage to put your foot in your mouth :albino:
    No, I think it is rather, these pharmacists are brain damaged and in need of some decent American style nutrition.
    Too bad they don't know about the CHEESEBURGERS in PARADISE, at Niddy's Nook, Day Night Plaza.

Thaiquila: Thanks for mentioning MBK. I usually avoid going there since the crowds usually turn me away. But, since I'll be in BKK in about a week, I'll add MBK to my route.

Homi: Glad you got a kick out of that post.

Getting kicks

Quote Originally Posted by bkk gwm
    Homi: Glad you got a kick out of that post.
    Yes, health food/fads, especially the availability thereof in Thailand, fall quite definitiely into the "follies and nonsense" category

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty But Nice
    stop that!! i just choked on my sausage!

Google: 'Acidophilus Where Thailand'

& 'Health Food Stores Thailand.'

There is a bunch of stuff ranging from dumb to informative:
    One bit called The Enema Within sounds like a blog about 'Rama's Revenge.'

Other info says it's made in Thailand--And by Muay Thai boxers--But say take it before you leave home. Maybe they ship it all to Ting-Tong Land?

There is a spa in Koh Samui that uses it a part of the program
    http://www.newbodyandmind.com/default.htm

And there's a Happy Cow Restaurant and health Food Store in Pattaya
    http://www.happycow.net/asia/thailand/p ... index.html
    Happy Cow\Thailand an oxymoron?... Dying every week-or so--It's a living: dying.

Is (it sounds like.) soy milk the same thing?

Liked: 1
    HAPPY COW THAILAND has no shops in Pattaya but 7 in Bangkok.
    I hope that my posts will be of use.