List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good fares from the US to Thailand?

Good fares from the US to Thailand?

Does anyone know of any good fares, or sources of good fares, at the moment from the US to Thailand?

Yours gratefully,

boygeenyus

Liked
    It seems that whenever I try to use a travel agent their fares are never cheaper than the airline website.. I prefer to use EVA out of LAX and the fares seem to be about 120.00 less on Eva site than any travel agent .

I also would be interested if anyone has any thoughts..

cya in Patters June 9

john
    TOQ Tired Old Queen

Don't feed the trolls, Don't feed the trolls, I keep telling myself ..........

A little more information ...

... may have helped. Is this for someone aged 55 or older (your mother perhaps, and the mailman)? If so, a number of airlines offer cheaper fares for the more mature traveller, but often require travel other than on the weekend, and limit the term of the ticket to 30 days. It's little things like that that can help determine whether a "good fare" is available. A friend of mine uses Silver Wings Plus (United) but has been tempted to try Cathay Pacific's offering

Liked

Re: A little more information ...

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    ... may have helped. Is this for someone aged 55 or older (your mother perhaps, and the mailman)? If so, a number of airlines offer cheaper fares for the more mature traveller, but often require travel other than on the weekend, and limit the term of the ticket to 30 days. It's little things like that that can help determine whether a "good fare" is available. A friend of mine uses Silver Wings Plus (United) but has been tempted to try Cathay Pacific's offering
    I did check with Eva on this, (for the mailman of course) and was told no program was in effect for seniors.. Oh well, guess he will have to pay the standard rate

john
    TOQ Tired Old Queen

lax - bkk

If you can wait to Sept 1, JAL prices drop. At that time, according to my agent, r/t ecomomy will be US$859 tax inclusive. This is from LAX - BKK via Toyko which there is a one hour layover.

EVA

I just booked EVA Evergreen Delux out of LAX (mid JUne) and the fare with tax was 1645.

Liked

Re: EVA

Quote Originally Posted by luvthai
    I just booked EVA Evergreen Delux out of LAX (mid JUne) and the fare with tax was 1645.
    I got mine a couple hundred cheaper, but I booked about 2 months ago..

Sometimes its better to book early and sometimes not.. In the past i've seen cheaper fares posted after Ive already booked.

john
    TOQ Tired Old Queen

Liked
    "I prefer to use EVA out of LAX and the fares seem to be about 120.00 less on Eva site than any travel agent . "....not my experience. My travel agent consistently beats the EVA web price and like you I check continually check the EVA site months in advance. When I see the lowest fare I then call my agent and she will always beat the EVA price by about $50.00. I fly out of SFO. Note the EVA site price quote excludes taxes, fees, surcharges etc. until you make the purchase. I always purchase at least 90 days in advance because as a Gold Card member I get my choice on the Deluxe Coach seat assignments.

elephantspike
    I've got a fare bookmarked in Expedia.com for next February on Thai Airways. It is non-stop from JFK to BKK for $1,080 USD including all taxes and surcharges.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephantspike
    I've got a fare bookmarked in Expedia.com for next February on Thai Airways. It is non-stop from JFK to BKK for $1,080 USD including all taxes and surcharges.
    That sounds really good.