Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Siem Reap

Liked

Re: Siem Reap

Shit, Netrix, what on earth did you do to upset him like that? Look at another boy? Or, God forbid, touch his hair and mess up his hair-do?
    That's really sad, especially as you had planned it for so long and had prepared presents. You probably had organised nice accommodation, too.

Having read about this sort of thing many times on the net, it seems that familiarity may indeed breed contempt. The boys seem to change when taken away from the bar scene. It might have something to do with them suddenl;y losing their support system. (Maybe someone with more experience could enlighten us).

I was speaking to a German guy on my last trip. His friend took a boy back to Germany but they argued soon after arrival and the boy flew home. One of many stories I have heard over the years. It is why I finally decided not to take a boy to Chiang Mai with me last time.

Hope he comes back, although if you take Khor Tose's advice, you may just end up not wanting him to return. And you might also end up having an even merrier Christmas than you thought!

Thanks, Khor Tose for mentioning the Station Wine Bar. I will check it out when I'm there.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by netrix
    Well I'm in Siem Reap now. It's midnight Christmas Eve. I came with a boy I've been planning the trip with for months. He got mad at me tonite over something nominal in a dramatic way only a Thai boy can, and he walked off yelling he was going home tomorrow. We were supposed to be spending 10 days in Cambodia. It's day 2, and the Thai-boy-drama was at 9 pm, over 3 hours ago. I haven't seen him. I came back to the hotel room figuring that was where he would go but I guess not. He's got enough cash he's been handling for me for the trip so I guess he can make it home if he wants but I don't know what to do. Tomorrow morning's Christmas and my suitcase is half full of presents for this boy and now I'm alone and kind of stranded. Merry Christmas.
    LOL!! this is soo funny. You should take me instead. No frills , No attitude hahaha..
    I am sure you will find a replacement in no time.. Have a good xmas.. :hello2:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    Shit, Netrix, what on earth did you do to upset him like that? ... touch his hair and mess up his hair-do?
    Haha that's about right! I think the thing that upset him was when I wanted to leave a loud disco that didn't even have whiskey coke or basic cocktails after the boy had already placed an order. Somehow my wanting to leave so soon made him lose face or something and of course his dramatic display and threats were nowhere near as big as my making him lose face.
    So eventually my moneyboyfriend came back about 2:30 in the morning acting like nothing was wrong and wanted to "sa-tart again. no angry." So we had a merry christmas afterall. He still doesn't understand who Santa Clause is or why his stocking with his name on it was full of presents in the morning, or why I gave him so much money... but he didn't complain.

Siem Reap is definitely a fun little town.We ate yesterday at the popular Mexican place too, Neal. And you're right... not that good. We had drinks at Miss Wong's. The other gay bars were pretty dead so we didn't stay. There's plenty of bars and clubs to have a good time and the straight crowd didn't seem to care that the Thai guy and the farang were holding hands and all snuggly and kissy. While in Siem Reap we toured 4 or 5 of the famous temples including Angor Wat and the one from Tomb Raider. We took a boat tour of the floating village on Tonle Sap Lake. That was fun, but if you go, be ready for scams... like almost obligatory $15 fried rice at the mandatory lunch stop on the lake, and be prepared for a guilt trip donation request to pay $60 for a bag of rice to donate to the orphanage.

Then today we rode the 6 hour "VIP" bus to Phnom Penh" but the bus was definitely not vip. They probably charged for VIP and kept the money and gave us low class tickets. Back row seats wouldn't even recline. Note to self: check the seating chart before booking next time, or better yet... fly.

Tonite in Phnom Penh we went to a hi-so disco on the river near the Palace. The live band was great and the drinks were good. Lot's of straight girls tried to pick me up haha made the boy jealous. Tomorrow we'll check out the sites and probably go to some gay venues if I can talk my straight moneyboyfriend into going. We're staying at a guest house near the river for $20 a night lol. Really nice. Hi speed free wifi is great. And the A.C. is cold. Cable tv with HBO on a new flat panel. Pool, bar. Not a gay place but Cambodia seems about like Thailand... nobody seems to care or even notice if you're a gay-ish couple.

I guess I should have started a new thread. Sorry for the dramatic hijack Neal.
    We're getting ready for happy new year Cambodia style.

Its very encourage to hear you say that Cambodia is as toleant as Thailand net fix I thought another poster said that he found Phom Penh a hotbed of homophobia so things have improved since then.

But bothering with a straight money boy????!!!!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BrisbaneGuy
    But bothering with a straight money boy????!!!!
    The word straight should be in quotation marks. He's more straight-ish. You know Thai boys and sexuality and labels.... He doesn't act very straight when he's in the bedroom that's for sure. Actually he's more comfortable with holding hands in public than I am. He's always got his arm around me or cuddling somehow at restaurants, in the tuk tuk, everywhere.

Trying to find where you are hiding your wallet?

Liked

I am going to stationwinebar to watch some male dancers that have appeared on cambodian tv. they name is spiderboys. they are very good and my friends in cambodia say outstanding.
    the boys only work 3 nights per week and my friends have been there and had pizza delivered from next door to eat during the show.
    the wine is better than in OZ and cheaper.cannot wait to get there.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater
    http://www.thestationwinebarsiemreap.com/

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcraig
    the wine is better than in OZ and cheaper.cannot wait to get there.
    You mean they don't sell Australian wine, the Australian wine they sell is better than Australian wine in Australia, or Australian wine is crap?

Liked

I am told that the wines are from all round the world. the australian and nz wines are better than the average wine sold in australia. prices far more reasonable.better quality for the prices.

Liked

Phnom Penh a hotbed of homophobia? Phnom Penh is about the gayest city I have ever been to!

The Men's resort as mentioned by Daboss is a good choice, I stayed there a few days and just once ventured into the sauna for about ten minutes and had 3 locals while I was in there, no money changes hands in there. It was a great time!