Shit, Netrix, what on earth did you do to upset him like that? Look at another boy? Or, God forbid, touch his hair and mess up his hair-do?
That's really sad, especially as you had planned it for so long and had prepared presents. You probably had organised nice accommodation, too.

Having read about this sort of thing many times on the net, it seems that familiarity may indeed breed contempt. The boys seem to change when taken away from the bar scene. It might have something to do with them suddenl;y losing their support system. (Maybe someone with more experience could enlighten us).

I was speaking to a German guy on my last trip. His friend took a boy back to Germany but they argued soon after arrival and the boy flew home. One of many stories I have heard over the years. It is why I finally decided not to take a boy to Chiang Mai with me last time.

Hope he comes back, although if you take Khor Tose's advice, you may just end up not wanting him to return. And you might also end up having an even merrier Christmas than you thought!

Thanks, Khor Tose for mentioning the Station Wine Bar. I will check it out when I'm there.