Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NAB closed until Nov 23

Liked

Re: NAB closed until Nov 23

You can see this on their FB page the way they have so many regular birthday parties for staff
    Wow ... are they "offable?"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by egel

Wow ... are they "offable?"
    Idol Coyote staff are not offable... However if you buy them 10x drinks @200B each... they are excused from working the rest of the night and i am sue will gratefully join yor table!
    So you could say that the off fee is 2000B :dontknow:

The "model" staff are mostly straight guys and not generally available...

Some Coyotes or maybe even models are available for a prvate arrangement in their own time outside of work hours (although i am sure some here would moan that this is depriving the club of revenue!)
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoss
    Is it possible that like other places that they say closed for renovations so as not to admit that it is closing? and I mean closing?

It was open last nite i was told today --il post more after ive checked it out -

I do hope it gets the "gay fickle crowd" back -most of the guys you speak to in Pattaya will tell you that Nab has been thee most FUN place to have gone too over the last number of years -
    I would have gone to that club on a very regular basis over the last number of years and i honestly dont remember any particular bad experience apart from one where a coyote one nite asked me for a coyote drink -i said yes as he was a friend of my former BF - but the little cunt ordered a LaWah ( 600 b ) !!! :angry5: :angry5:
    Now one of the PR staff saw my face initially when it arrived (i didnt make any fuss -whats the point -any farang doing this( about the wrong drink coming )looks a another drunk angry plonker INMHO) and the PR guy told the Nab manager who repaid that 600 back to me 10 fold in return visits :occasion5:

But there is no doubt but that the Idol current run of success id down to Khun Ple and her working Facebook/social sites - she networks constantly - -
    and is out till all hours every nite of the week --has als done this -any nite me and pals are out til early hours in the likes of thai karakoes / t&t/Club and now MC2 -she is there microphone in her hand :crybaby: --the" family feel" events of idol is mostly down to Instruction -not primarily what the guy wants or likes i have been told firsthand -

TB-- -- we must have heard the that story (ies ? ) about being pushed to the back or the side in Nab so many times ( did it cause you to lose your hearing or sight there? ) --build yourself a little bridge --and get over it man :gy: :gy:

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by martin911
    il post more after ive checked it out -I do hope it gets the "gay fickle crowd" back -most of the guys you speak to in Pattaya will tell you that Nab has been thee most FUN place to have gone too over the last number of years -I would have gone to that club on a very regular basis over the last number of years and i honestly dont remember any particular bad experience. But there is no doubt but that the Idol current run of success id down to Khun Ple and her working Facebook/social sites - she networks constantly ---the" family feel" events of idol is mostly down to Instruction -not primarily what the guy wants or likes i have been told firsthand -TB-- -- we must have heard the that story (ies ? ) about being pushed to the back or the side in Nab so many times ( did it cause you to lose your hearing or sight there? )
    Thanks for the updates martin. Look forward to more. We have never had a bad experience at NAB either, normally it's our same crowd who go together and to be honest the 'surroundings' dont really come into the fun equation that much, we had great fun at all the venues last visit, NAB, Stepup, Tam Nan Chon, Hollywood, Stardice unless they drag out a particular segment of the entertainment. Also we tended to go to NAB sometimes because we all like the live music at Step Up lower floor, and it's an easy move across to NAB for the clubbing. Then it's a short walk to Beach Road for a songteaw together to Wat Chai.

Quote Originally Posted by anonone
    I am not in Pattaya enough to really care that much...wherever the group wants to go is fine with me.
    That tends to my/our philosophy too. Our last visit to Idol had a very long and very boring session with the kotoey on the mic, introducing what seemed a never ending line of models/boys/available guys. After 30 mins the crowd was getting restless, our lot was bored, they wanted music, dancing, fun....about an hour in we decided to leave. I dont know if that was a one-off, but since then none of our crowd have requested Idol as the first choice club to go for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    My Thai bf (of 7 years) and I no longer go to NAB since they treat you like second class citizens if you are not in a group ordering a bottle of whiskey and all the sodas and ice. So though we get there before midnight, we are put in the back. Drinks are inflated. Though we live in Pattaya, we go to Bangkok about twice a month for our fun at DJ's and GOD. Makes NAB look like a "wanna-be". (plus easier to meet people there)
    The last visit my bf and I made to NAB was after we had been to a venue drinking Long Beer, so we couldn't face whiskey on top of it and as they don't have large beers we had bottled beer, we weren't 'put' anywhere we just chose the table we wanted, ordered the drinks and the waiter was great. Can't see the 'wanna-be' connection between NAB and DJ/GOD, they are completely different set ups. NAB is a club for gay Thai guys to have fun in groups, percentage wise there is a very small amount of farangs, also where hook ups are concerned I suppose in NAB that is not the primary reason customers tend to go there. I have had great nights in DJ station too, but there is a huge percentage of farangs going there, and greater percentage of all customers there are looking to hook up. NAB is closer to thai-for-thai clubs like Rachada Soi8, GStar etc... DJ is a unique venue for the whole of Thailand, i can't really think of anywhere to compare it to.

Liked

Good points on Nab / Dj station --they are totally different as the owners are catering to different markets -i think there prob isnt anywhere else in Thailand like DJ--and its location is what makes it unique --a 3 story knocking shop with loud music -- It has its uses fun wise --but its looking very dated

Ok small Nab update -(i was only there for a shortime^^ last nite quite late( 5ish )-this being the result of what i had intended a visit(shortime) from a guy i met in Watchai ( 12ish ) going a little later than i had planned 555

Entrance now at Fashion Club side -which makes for a much grander way into the club itself --main changes are the moving of the djbox well foward and stage area seemed more finished off than before -which makes the club look much smaller than before -although one of my gang thinks Nab looks bigger (i think the lights got to him 55)

The music is pretty much changed to Step style( hmm i wonder why -leaving Nab @5.30 and going across to Step and seeing 20 times the number of customers(that Nab had ) at that time of nite mite be !!!) and they have put in this monstrous strobing light system over the back stage area --very harsh on my tender eyes after a few ^^ hours in my room -- Lights alone would make you stoned --

Oh and the name change -- -------------NAB------------------------ Request

Darling Pong must have had a few of his oversized glasses of red wine that day/nite to have come up with that !!

Nab 2----roll on arty

Ok so hands up stupid question time perhaps but after my going to NAB etc many times it's just occurred to me what (if anything) does the name NAB actually stand for ?

Does it have a meaning in Thai or is it a common Thai name perhaps or was it just intended as a fairly standard generic club name that you could find in any Country perhaps ? And now that I think of it I guess the same question re Dave Man Club ? as surely if you sat down with a friend and said "ok lets open a great club in Pattaya, one that's really going to pull the crowds in" you'd be going a while before you both came up with "oh, ok I know and we could call it DAVE !" ??

Liked

Because it's where you go to "nab" a cute guy? :dontknow: sorry, couldn't resist.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

any update on nab? it used to be my fav place when i visited pattyay

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by playsafe View Post
    any update on nab? it used to be my fav place when i visited pattyay
    I'm afraid you'll have to rely on your memory. NAB is permanently closed.

Those posts saying NAB will reopen in 2023 were made about 11 years ago. Sorry, but NAB is gone and is not reopening.

By the way, remember when we were all told Eros is going to reopen in Boyztown? If that is ever going to happen, which now I doubt, no further information about it that I know of.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    I'm afraid you'll have to rely on your memory. NAB is permanently closed.

Those posts saying NAB will reopen in 2023 were made about 11 years ago. Sorry, but NAB is gone and is not reopening.

By the way, remember when we were all told Eros is going to reopen in Boyztown? If that is ever going to happen, which now I doubt, no further information about it that I know of.
    thanks for the reply
    any new club/disco that resemble NAB atmosphere ? dave man club ?
    i mean a place where locals or not can come drink and party

thanks again