Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NAB closed until Nov 23

Liked

NAB closed until Nov 23

It seems that the management team at NAB finally decided to close the club and have it undergo much needed renovations. Why not do this before high season is baffling to me, but that is when my friends would all holler at me, 'this is Thailand',so I just go with the flow.

The re-opening date is set purportedly for 23 November 2012 with a free boy band concert to be held in the carpark that same night. I certainly wish them luck and hope they use the same marketing team who oversees Stepup, which has been a great success story. They also need to get their pricing scheme together, as Colmx pointed out in another thread, so that they ease up on the farang gouging strategy that pissed me and many other customers off enough times.

A number of the coyotes are understandably upset with no work for about 20 days, in what can only be described as a sluggish start to the high season. The club, though, needs this facelift and if done properly can hopefully make NAB once again a great nightclub.

Liked: 1

Re: NAB closed until Nov 23

Good news....but as you say an odd time to commence a refurb at the start of high season!

Liked

an odd time to commence a refurb at the start of high season
    Readers may remember an (in)famous gay brothel in Amsterdam which closed for "re-decoration". We waited, and waited, and....
    Now, the Thais woudn't resort to lying would they?

Liked

I've never found myself in the situation where in a sauna you meet a guy and he say's ok no problem 1000 baht ( or whatever) as to me the whole point of saunas is the availability of free sex ( amongst other reasons) so, my question is as obviously it happens ( I assume ? ) so assuming one is dressed in a towel ( or naked) how exactly does that work !? I mean do you agree a price and then its "on account" and you fuck and pay once you're getting changed to leave ( which I doubt?) or it is a case of going down to the locker room and paying up before the sex can begin or do you just agree to both leave together and go back to your room???

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by rifraf
    The club, though, needs this facelift and if done properly can hopefully make NAB once again a great nightclub.
    Did it not have some changes only a few months ago? Why do you consider it needs a facelift, the reason places become great nightclubs is down to the crowds who decide to go there, the fickle gay crowd need only the smallest reason to desert one venue for another, and then follow like sheep, it's been this way in Pattaya for years. When NAB is packed it's a great place for fun. I actually like it as it is, what would you consider as being 'done properly'? i would be interested to know, maybe you have an idea which would improve the experience there. I mean, what can you phsically do to a place whose basic requirement for a fun time is one tall table big enough to hold whiskey and mixers and 3,4,5,6 guys around it and alot of other customers and a DJ to give it an atmosphere?

Triangle is a prime example, a beautiful place, with a very comfortable area to lounge in, plenty of dancing space as the tables are not packed together same as other venues, ideal.....but deserted, not because of the physical lay-out but because the fickle gay crowd have decided that Idol is the new in-place, I think the layout of Idol is awful, but it still attracts the biggest crowds. Again just my opinion.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Is it possible that like other places that they say closed for renovations so as not to admit that it is closing? and I mean closing?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My Thai bf (of 7 years) and I no longer go to NAB since they treat you like second class citizens if you are not in a group ordering a bottle of whiskey and all the sodas and ice. So though we get there before midnight, we are put in the back. Drinks are inflated. Though we live in Pattaya, we go to Bangkok about twice a month for our fun at DJ's and GOD. Makes NAB look like a "wanna-be". (plus easier to meet people there)

Liked

Daboss, I chatted with one of the тАШmamasansтАЩ and a few of the coyotes and models and all seemed convinced that NAB will reopen. I have also seen mobile billboards around Pattaya advertising the grand reopening and boy band concert. So I guess we will just have to wait and see, indeed, as this is Thailand.

After the last renovation of the main stage (no other noticeable changes in the club), the front half of it had fallen in by four to six inches. No one had bothered to tell the show performers about the uneven stage and a couple of them almost had serious accidents during their performance. Also, waiters would wonder to your table with homemade chocks in case your table was unintentionally leaning forward, and the place felt like a museum to yester years due to an empty upper-floor and a ground floor with one too many empty tables. I am no interior decorator (and have no interest in pretending to be one) but surely upkeep and maintenance is necessary in any business, especially those in the service sector. And you have to maintain a good marketing strategy that put your customers first.

The тАШfickle gay crowdтАЩ is no different than the тАШfickle straight crowdтАЩ in that we are customers who go where we get value for our money. If you compare what NAB was offering before closing with that of Idol and Dave, some customers obviously concluded that NAB was taking them for granted. Me and my friends have no problem with IdolтАЩs layout, nor with the constant promotion on drinks, the additional regular discounts we get on our bills, and the high-energy, fun-filled atmosphere with a great set of eye-candy in the form of coyotes and models. Though not a big fan of cabaret shows, Idol also does a good job with its theme nights and combination of traditional ladyboy performances mixed with some very erotic and sexy acts as well. The marketing of Idol has been consistent and fantastic. Just visit both clubsтАЩ Facebook pages to see the clear difference between them.

Of course, to each his own. For now, though, Idol gets my Bath.

Liked

As Rifraf points out above the Idol PR campaign is pretty impressive...

Madam Ple - who was the Marketing Guru for NAB is now one of the apparent owners of Idol... and anyone that i speak to that is working in Idol says that working there is like working with family... so it seems that they have also got their workers to "buy in" to being part of this big family and not merely worker drones.

You can see this on their FB page the way they have so many regular birthday parties for staff (of course the Birthday parties draw in crowds so again its just smart marketing)

On my last trip in September we went to Dave ~10 nights, Idol ~7 nights and NAB once.... NAB was the most expensive and least enjoyable of all the nights out... Only the ladies working in the toilet ever make me feel welcome there!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

I cannot remember the last time we went to NAB. The last times we got a group to go to disco, Dave Man was the major preference of the group (mostly bar staff with others joining up).

No complaints, as we always have a great time.

Be interesting to hear of any changes in the hot spot. To be honest, I am not in Pattaya enough to really care that much...wherever the group wants to go is fine with me.

arty