Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boyztown signs have come down!

Liked

Re: Boyztown signs have come down!

Quote Originally Posted by NIrish Guy
    .but hey I thought I'd take a shot - just like the Northern Irish eh ! :-)
    ah now you're just making it too easy so I won't go with the obvious retort :occasion9:
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

There are Numerous occasions when there has to be a Face-Lift in Boystown. :jok:

Liked

When I first came to Pattaya (not that long ago: January 2010), I had absolutely no idea how public transport in Pattaya works and where Boyztown is. I told the baht-bus driver at the northern bus terminal that I want to go to Le Cafe Royale in Boyztown and agreed to the fee. During the ride I was wondering if I have to look out where my destination is or if he remembers the destions for all passengers. What a relief when I saw the Boyztown sign!

Liked

Maybe, if a sign is going to be restored, it will actually be the original one that read BOYSTOWN. Somehow, though, I doubt it...
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

It will reappear soon, with slight changes

JC

Liked

I am glad finally the first step has taken place. I was the first to advocate the need to re-brand and restructure the entire BoyzTown business meeting the demands of the changing business/travelers enviornment. Welcome move arty

Now do we have set vision before we select the name? We need to have a long term vision and strategy before deciding on the name. The name should appeal to the current demographics of tourists and as well all the bars should change the concepts to match the new name.

"Entertainment Town" is something that I can think of now. The wasted space in Panorama and Boyz Boyz should be turned into discos of DJ style and cater to Unisex. At the same time we should not lose the gay identity. How best you can blend these two needs and make this a real entertainment town is left to the big players to formulate the right stratgies and implement them and market the new concept.

Time to change to stay in business should be the guiding principles.

Good first start. Lets see how you guys make the next move arty

Liked

Slavedriver! Dont get too excited . I believe the sign will be up almost as it was, before the end of November.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by SlaveDriver
    How best you can blend these two needs and make this a real entertainment town is left to the big players to formulate the right stratgies and implement them and market the new concept.
    Apart from coming up with the Boystown/Boyztown concept more than 20 years ago, the so-called "big players" have shown since then a zero grasp of devising or implementing any business plan other than screwing the punters for all they are worth. Chickens, in these more straitened times, are now coming home to roost.

The characteristic Pattaya gay bar "business plan" has hitherto defied all known laws of economics and has appeared to succeed - even though unnumbered bars and individual owners have fallen by the wayside in the process - because of its unique product, its appeal to gay customers with their greater spending power, and the booming pre-2008 world economy. It has not succeeded because of the "big players'" or anyone else's commercial acumen.

Unfortunately, lulled by years of prosperity into a complacent mindset, the Boyztown entrepreneurs will, judging by past records, refuse to recognise reality, reject the idea that they might need any expert professional business guidance and, in all probability, go the way of the dinosaurs that they increasingly so much resemble.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

The funny thing is - the visible "dinosaurs" are not (with one exception - who now has limited involvement) the original inhabitants..

Almost all the major venues have been bought over within the last 10 years, and some far more recently than that - so how do you explain the continued malaise and lack of change? Is there something in the BT air which infects new owners immediately on moving in and paralyses them ?

Unless, of course, the current business owners are all hamstrung by some other, more mysterious, figure in the shadows who is actually the one dictating the play. :idea1: :evil4:

Liked

New ownership makes no difference because the new owners - largely retiring to see out their days and running their bars as a hobby, a source (they imagine) of boys for sex, or merely a vanity project - come with capital (having sold up at home) but no business experience or even sense. They therefore buy in to the current flawed model until they themselves become its victims and are replaced in turn by someone new who thinks he can do better.