Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is a sex tourist?

Liked

What is a sex tourist?

I wrote and asked this in the Chiang Mai report, but think it deserves its own thread, what are your thoughts?:

"Okay, okay, but I don't read all post from all members.

I know, this is OT, maybe a crazy question, but what is in fact a sex tourist? I have been wondering about it.

Is it a man who only travel to another country to have sex for pay and in fact don't care where he is, or is it a man who travel to another country, because it is just easier at his age, to have sex for money or free 50/50, but at the same time have some nice experiences with the country and its people outside the industry?

Oh well, maybe it is for another interesting topic."

Liked

Re: What is a sex tourist?

A sex tourist travels for sex and maybe other experiences which he can't find at home; age is not necessarily a factor.

Liked

I think I would define it as some one who travels to place primarily to have sex with the locals. Whether that is paid or free doesn't make a lot of difference, but I suppose the implication is usually that it is paid.

This question can only be answered by a Local /Thai. Not long ago i had a conversation and out out of the blue that Thai>Man say to me that he wanted to find a real Relationship but the most
    of the Tourist coming to Thailand only wanted SEX . He thinks the sex-tourism all over the World
    is the same and threw that the People rely looking for Love becoming a target for the sex-tourist but the realty is > Thailand,Philippines and many other Asian Countries making a lot of Money with the Sex Industry therefore> SEX IS A Natural Addiction and is up to the individual Characters to handle this with care. :notworthy:
    My personal opinion about that word Sex-tourist is/Sex tourism is travel to engage in sexual activity with prostitutes. The World Tourism Organization, a specialized agency of the United Nations, defines sex tourism as "trips organized from within the tourism sector, or from outside this sector but using its structures and networks, with the primary purpose of effecting a commercial sexual relationship by the tourist with residents at the destination".[1]

Attractions for sex tourists can include reduced costs for services in the destination country, along with either legal prostitution or indifferent law enforcement, and access to child prostitution. :sign5:

Liked

It's a relative thing. I know one Westerner that has been to Thailand numerous times and has literally NEVER been outside the Silom Area. Each night he goes to a gogo bar and buys a boy and takes him back to his hotel. That's his whole trip. THAT is definitely a Sex Tourist LOL

Forum's veteran
    Liked

there is no general widely accepted universal definition, so anyone can give his/her own thoughts about it.
    Some comments on above:
    The UN clearly oversees, that the ''sxtrst'' hardly ever goes on organised tours. They are most tipical going by themselves and arranging by themselves. Has any one of you-visiting TH-been on an organised tour?
    Thai usually have no ''own opinion'' they parrot what is commonly known/parrotted around among Thai. Which mostly always has some ground in it-but never for 100% of cases and 100% of people. Many visiotrs not having been in Th for too long (yet) think this is infinite wisdom.
    And in a forum like this, it is a useful tool for some expats to hit on visitors- being in LoS for just a short time and with the perspective to leave-sooner or later, they do not want to engage in the age-old culture of ''just finding friends'' on the street, in locations etc.

Liked

Fedssocr and francois have defined it perfectly.

I call myself a sex tourist because I think that is what I honestly am. But although I come here to off boys and enjoy sexy massages, I also come here for the food - the best in the wold IMHO. I also like wandering into wats and other historical places. If they were to close down the sex industry (haha - not likely) I would still come here for the above-mentioned attractions, but not so often. Therefore, I am primarily a sex tourist. I am not ashamed of what I do, as I always treat the guys with courtesy and respect and have found that, in the main, they return that to me in spades. It's kind of an unspoken contract between me and the boy. You do this and I'll pay you this. And we both end up satisfied. Simple.

As my Japanese friends like to say, if you are hungry you buy food; if you are thirsty you buy a drink and if you are horny you buy sex. Same, same.

I visit Europe off and on but the commercial sex industry is totally different. It is extremely expensive, not to mention quite dangerous, to be a sex tourist in Europe. After visiting Prague and Amsterdam for sex (both AYOR), I rushed back to LOS and into the arms of sweet, friendly bar guys.

Pong wrote:
    Has any one of you-visiting TH-been on an organised tour?
    Actually I've been on many organised tours within LOS. But that was in my early days. After doing the sightseeing bit, I now tend to concentrate on the sex and food aspects of this amazing country.

Liked

I suppose I consider myself a sex tourist. Like a447, I've done the main touristy things, so if it weren't for the easily available boys, I wouldn't be visiting Thailand.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Here is a link to a humorous blog article entitled "Are You A Sex Tourist?": http://bangkokbois.wordpress.com/2011/0 ... x-tourist/

Liked

Ive been about eight times and not have as yet been to the Royal Palace...so I guess I am one.