Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: The ol' jetski scam

Liked

The ol' jetski scam

Pattaya One news has a story about how the city is making tremendous efforts to clean up the jetski scam. From what I understand this folows considerable pressure from the Indian, Russian and Chinese governments who got fed up with their citizens being ripped off. If that is true then all credit to them and shame on the British, US, Australia etc for doing nothing for years on end.

However, a thought here. Does the jetski scam actually affect anyone on this board? Probably not. Myself and my falang friends are far more likely to be sitting on the beach with some tea and biscuits than renting jetskis. Now this scam involves the BIB. If this scam is coming to an end then so is their lucrative sideline. They will not accept this. They will find another way to collect the income, and the replacement might involve you or me. Just a thought.

Liked

Re: The ol' jetski scam

Attempting to levy a charge on you for chipping that tea cup?
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Marsillus: Ha ha. Yes, and for leaving biscuit crumbs on the beach.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Over the last week or two the one that always was the biggest bandit, the one closest to the police station and the guy probably as big as me or more has been sitting playing cards at the section 17 so hopefully he is out of business. Took a friend of mine maybe 6 -8 years ago for about 30,000 baht. I hope he has a great retirement if he is out of business. :evil4: